eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem of the numbers was that how many ebid members do you have on your facebook, I think I have about ten on one of mine not sure about the other, but in all likely hood it will be the same ones you have, the same ones bykimbo has and everyone else who reads the forums.

Now it sounds like you expect this to go out as a request to promote it like those "If you think I am ugly then add this to your wall" messages

If i am wrong then sorry

Now considering we all have the same people and this is like grains of rice on a chess board, you would have to have some forms of rules to stop the flood on the few peoples walls, as your messages will just get you blocked. I have seen it happen with other things.

But the idea of making good use of things like facebook on mass is a good idea,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    The problem of the numbers was that how many ebid members do you have on your facebook, I think I have about ten on one of mine not sure about the other, but in all likely hood it will be the same ones you have, the same ones bykimbo has and everyone else who reads the forums.

Now it sounds like you expect this to go out as a request to promote it like those "If you think I am ugly then add this to your wall" messages

If i am wrong then sorry

Now considering we all have the same people and this is like grains of rice on a chess board, you would have to have some forms of rules to stop the flood on the few peoples walls, as your messages will just get you blocked. I have seen it happen with other things.

But the idea of making good use of things like facebook on mass is a good idea,
    This idea had in mind more of an event posted on everybodies facebook page to reach out to each ones friends and friends of friends and just a simple invite. I only suggested the event page on facebook as a way to reach more people.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well it's a 'Good Morning' to all from 'Down Under'.........

Bykimbo - in all fairness, - Al was the first to respond (and favorably) to your original Post.
    Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Fantastic idea. The exposure should be enormous. If all eBid sellers participate by posting whatever event is agreed to multiplyed by that many freinds and freinds of freinds this will be huge. Just need everyone to agree on an event and a way to spark interest.

Al certainly seems very 'focused' (maybe to the point of being slightly 'unyielding') - but I don't take Al as being insulting....

And Bykimbo - you've got a tremendous wealth of experience (having been on eBid since 2004) - probably more experience than everyone here put together.
    With that experience, you're in the best position to 'guide' this project.

Can't you and Al try to both use your different strengths to complement each other's efforts?

And surely we all need to be a little 'flexible' - not too rigid on our own personal preferences...

So then how do we move forward from here .....

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I promote both ebid and my stores on my facebook page

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Well it's a 'Good Morning' to all from 'Down Under'.........

Bykimbo - in all fairness, - Al was the first to respond (and favorably) to your original Post.

Al certainly seems very 'focused' (maybe to the point of being slightly 'unyielding') - but I don't take Al as being insulting....

And Bykimbo - you've got a tremendous wealth of experience (having been on eBid since 2004) - probably more experience than everyone here put together.
    With that experience, you're in the best position to 'guide' this project.

Can't you and Al try to both use your different strengths to complement each other's efforts?

And surely we all need to be a little 'flexible' - not too rigid on our own personal preferences...

So then how do we move forward from here .....
    I will admit to being brash and to the point. That's just me. I never mean to offend or insult anyone. Steve I couldn't have worded it better myself and for the sake of this campaign yes let's move on. I have no problem whatsoever working with bykimbo as (excuse the language) she is a tremendous assett to everything eBid. I am waiting for a response from the support team to confirm they will publicize this idea to all members. Without it I'm afraid we do not have enough support.

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

This thread has averaged 1 view every 6 minutes non stop day & night since Bykimbo started it ! .......... (to date 1,487 views)

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

a little bump for Bykimbo's thread

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    This thread has averaged 1 view every 6 minutes non stop day & night since Bykimbo started it ! .......... (to date 1,487 views)
    Steve…my man…how are you…?.....Well heh…I see you become like ‘’babe’’ statistics and usual stuff heh….I really should put in my store listing for ‘’calculators’’ and for each one I should put one flag likes…Australia…New Zealand….etc...etc…maybe I sell some…right ?…heh….

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Oh you funny person Dzambo !! -

Yeah - I never noticed - I am starting to sound like Julie ! ...... Heh Heh

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it was due to being started as an idea's thread to see what we could come up with and how people felt about the suggestions.

"Throw your ideas into the hat. Let's see if we come up with anything that's a flier."

Then it seemed to turn into something else.

Thread Information