eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Okay, my idea having seen people's comments...

Something like this: eBid's May Madness!

Participating sellers offer a free gift with every purchase during May (this can be much cheaper than offering a discount, it can be as simple as a sweetie from a tin, to an extra "whateveritisyousell". ) It lasts the whole of May to allow plenty of time for promotion and exposure. It's that far away to give us time to form a detailed plan and try to get eBid on-board, and to produce and promote things like Magz' video.

If eBid agreed to join in it could be promoted on the front page and other official routes. And they could even go as far as offering another freebie to any buyer who buys, say, five separate May Madness items from different sellers. A cap or something.

Sellers taking part put May Madness in their participating titles (means it doesn't have to apply to all listings if you don't want it to). Listings have to spell out what the freebie is. Sellers could also offer a "buy five from me and get XYZ additional gift".

Comments, please?

From a personal point of view - offering free gifts etc, and having to change listing descriptions to include whatever the free gifts is, is a no-go with me. Too much to alter, then change back at the end of the period.
    Same thing with the titles - am short of space with a lot of them anyway (many have used up all the character space available).

Further thoughts on it later.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    From a personal point of view - offering free gifts etc, and having to change listing descriptions to include whatever the free gifts is, is a no-go with me. Too much to alter, then change back at the end of the period.
    Same thing with the titles - am short of space with a lot of them anyway (many have used up all the character space available).

Good points. Maybe then what's needed is a list hosted elsewhere of participating sellers?

Edit to add: mix and match. You can either take part with all listings, in which case you go on the list and/or maybe put something on your About Me, or you can do selected listings individually. Something like that?

There's got to be *some* incentive for buyers to go and look, and I don't want to force everybody to make price cuts because that's impractical for those of us with extremely tight margins. So offering a gift is a flexible alternative - but you've got to tell people that you're doing so somehow. If you don't offer *any* incentive, why should they visit?

More thoughts please.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 8th March 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Good points. Maybe then what's needed is a list hosted elsewhere of participating sellers?
    Or get ebid to join in, and put an advert on the home page.
    Participating sellers can sign up for it there. Their clickable banner or logo would then be added to the listing.
    Viewers could go in and look through the participating sellers.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Or get ebid to join in, and put an advert on the home page.
    Participating sellers can sign up for it there. Their clickable banner or logo would then be added to the listing.
    Viewers could go in and look through the participating sellers.
    I don't know, but I think that might be more work than they would be prepared to take on. They're pretty much running at capacity at the best of times. A simple banner or logo change is one thing, but actual functional changes to the site - not something to be expected I feel. If we're going to encourage them to support this it has to be manageable from their point of view.

I also couldn't change all my auction titles, for the same reasons
    I already offer a free gift with most of my items. The only ones i don't offer it on, are the one's where they get free postage.
    So a list of sellers would be better for me.

Jane

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't do "technical".....but how would the Facebook thing work?

Would folk be directing users to their own listings.....to eBid in general....or a specific promotion area?

Ta
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post

Would folk be directing users to their own listings.....to eBid in general....or a specific promotion area?

Ta
    Yvonne x
    I've got the same question, Yvonne...can anyone enlighten us, please??

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got a thought...how about if those of us who have an extra "store slot" make a May Madness temp store and drop in, via Bulk Edit, those listings you want to discount, get a freebie, etc.???

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post

Ta
    Yvonne x

Fantastic response folks keep the ideas coming in. Keep in mind the important part is getting as many as possible
    to post an event on Facebook. By doing so doesn't necessarily mean it has to be an event. We are just inviting people to check out eBid.
    Keeping it simple and to the point but putting it in front of millions is key and the more folks we get on board the more succesful it will be.
    The event can be as simple as eBid auction site stop by for a visit see what your missing. We are not really promoting ourselves in this excercise
    but we are promoting eBid. My friends on Facebook already know what I sell on line but they don't know what you sell. In our event we can explain
    to them how to get to the eBid home page via link then a quick description of how to navigate.
    I would like to write more but this Forum layout glitch is getting to be a real pain in the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Got a thought...how about if those of us who have an extra "store slot" make a May Madness temp store and drop in, via Bulk Edit, those listings you want to discount, get a freebie, etc.???
    I have a spare store, but i have no idea how to bulk edit

Jane

Thread Information