eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

It's been suggested that we, eBid sellers, could get together and create a coordinated eBid event of some sort, as a marketing push on Facebook. Exactly how this would work, and what it would acheive, we frankly don't know at this stage, so ideas and views are openly invited.

We could have a single event that everybody signs up for, or each person could create their own to invite their particular friends list to.

Any event we made would need a name, a purpose, a date etc. so that it could be effectively marketed by individuals taking part. Such as (and this is a f'rinstance, not a *plan*) "eBid's Big Half-Price Day" with sellers agreeing to list at list X many things at half normal price for the day of Yth of such and such a month, then everybody who takes part invites their friends to that day. Note AGAIN half-price is an example, it could be something completely different, doesn't need to be price-related at all. Could be charity linked. Or based around a colour even! Everything purple and green.

Throw your ideas into the hat. Let's see if we come up with anything that's a flier.

Please note, I'm posting this on request, it's not going to be my baby - I'm happy to take some interest but I'm not promising to manage anything.

Away you go...

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fantastic idea. The exposure should be enormous. If all eBid sellers participate by posting whatever event is agreed to multiplyed by that many freinds and freinds of freinds this will be huge. Just need everyone to agree on an event and a way to spark interest.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does this mean I should be signing up to facebook then? pmsl

30 million UK users (-1.....moi)

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Alphabet day no idea on how it would work in countries that have letters that are not in the English A-Z

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Alphabet day no idea on how it would work in countries that have letters that are not in the English A-Z
    One listing from every letter of "whatever your alphabet is"?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Does this mean I should be signing up to facebook then? pmsl

30 million UK users (-1.....moi)

Yvonne x
    If you want to sign up then by all means sign up. If not that doesn't mean you can't participate all ideas and suggestions are welcome. If you are not a facebook member you can still reap the benefits of this event by participating in the eBid event itself without creating an event on facebook. Don't feel pressured to sign up for something you are not comfortable with and if you have a different meens of promoting this event then promote how you see fit.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Can you expand on this? I don't understand alphabet day.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    One listing from every letter of "whatever your alphabet is"?
    Yes, thats the idea. Below could be interesting

The Khmer alphabet is the largest alphabet in the world (Guinness Book of World Records, 1995). It consists of 33 consonants, 23 vowels and 12 independent vowels.

A simple thing perhaps - and this is a perhaps - picking up on Unique and her 'Race For Life' in aid of Cancer, and pinching a bit of our monthly YDC and pinching from the Aussie Bushfire and BCC Cookbook fundraisers that we did, we would get tons of support from sellers / buyers if the end result was raising funds - perhaps in respect of Cancer, running parallel to the 'Race For Life' events. This would give us tons of time to put things together and get it organised. It could be promoted as a way of getting 'non runners' to 'run' so to speak. As for what we could do - the obvious would be auctions - or perhaps for a set period or set days the participating sellers could afree to give x% to the agreed collector / organiser.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Another idea, people could list an item from the year they were born, might see a lot of genuine antiques

Thread Information