Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBid Facebook ads

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will probably regret asking, but..........................and that bandwagon would be............................? .....................what?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I will probably regret asking, but..........................and that bandwagon would be............................? .....................what?
    Oh don't regret asking. It would be any bandwagon you can go to and sell your items within a reasonable amount of time. All the while being able to cover costs as you sell. Flea Market for example.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Adrumi
    I don't know weather its an ebid thing or a Adkaf desktop coffee mug holder thing.

By that I mean are my low sales due to my product or to ebid.
    All I can say is that ebid has been the best for me so far.

I have listed on ebay, but it is very hard to get many views on there as there is just so much there.

Bricks and Mortar shops are very hard to break into.
    Freight is very dear from New Zealand so until I can get someone to buy a container load when the freight drops to very little it will be hard.

As regards advertising.
    I was told by an as seen on tv manager that if they put my product on there I would sell lots the very next minute.
    Problem is that they wanted me to spend thousands on the ads, which I don't have. (and it was my money not his)

And you will be aware that products like the Ab Circle Pro ab machine are advertised every day to get people to buy them.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

I am not interested in selling my products at flea markets.

And I have yet to see a flea market with a million ad campaign

Home Shows and exhibitions may be yes.

And I have not seen any site that has a multi-million dollar advertising campaign.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Adrumi
    I don't know weather its an ebid thing or a Adkaf desktop coffee mug holder thing.

By that I mean are my low sales due to my product or to ebid.
    All I can say is that ebid has been the best for me so far.

I have listed on ebay, but it is very hard to get many views on there as there is just so much there.

Bricks and Mortar shops are very hard to break into.
    Freight is very dear from New Zealand so until I can get someone to buy a container load when the freight drops to very little it will be hard.

As regards advertising.
    I was told by an as seen on tv manager that if they put my product on there I would sell lots the very next minute.
    Problem is that they wanted me to spend thousands on the ads, which I don't have. (and it was my money not his)

And you will be aware that products like the Ab Circle Pro ab machine are advertised every day to get people to buy them.
    I no beleive it is to do you mug holder. Lots people need should buy not like other stuff where they not real.

How did I do? Thought it was close. Nah, nothing to do with your item. I have the same items listed here and on ebay at the same time but here they list for between 15 and 30% less and I just keep ending auctions here due to them selling on ebay.
    Jesus Christ folks, does anybody beleive McDonalds would be where they are today without their ad campaigns? Do you think anybody would have a clue what a Shamwow is without advertising. Does anybody beleive ebay would be as big as it is without their original advertising. You folks beleive what you want but advertising works and it works well. It costs quite a bit but that is part of the cost! You have to buy printer ink and paper, software for the computer, internet connection, camera, backround for pictures etc it's all part of our cost! Pass the cost on to your customers. No need to hide it it's definately a cost. We would all like to sit back and sell our items with little to no cost but if we want to sell a lot of items we need to do something. Read my "What's your goal on ebid" post. That will give you a reflection of what the ebid sellers are interested in and it certainly isn't income.

If you have someone to hook you up for a few thousand dollars to get some tv ads going you should go for it. You will get those thousands backj quickly, but are you prepared for it? Can you handle an onslaught of sales or do you want to handle it yourself? Handling it yourself you can easily raise your price to cover fees absorbed by other sites advertising and fees but you will sell your items and for you just a click of a button to relist the same is easy.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I am not interested in selling my products at flea markets.

And I have yet to see a flea market with a million ad campaign

Home Shows and exhibitions may be yes.

And I have not seen any site that has a multi-million dollar advertising campaign.
    No, Flea markets do not support million dollar ad campaigns. They rely on word of mouth, self supported advertising and it gives them something to do weekends.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

what is shamwow? Sorry, but I truly have never heard of it.
    Advertising helps, or it wouldn't be so prevelant in society, but it is no guarantee.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I no believe it is to do you mug holder. Lots people need should buy not like other stuff where they not real.
    @Adrumi, could you please re-write that sentence in proper English it just does not make sense, so it is hard to know what you mean.
    I type too fast sometimes.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    What say I? Well I can guarantee had I stocked 100 of those and listed them elsewhere a month ago at least 23 would have sold and positive feedback would have been left. Sorry I just don't see the joy of free listing and low fees and low sales. Just doesn't make sense.
    Adrum if you are not happy with ebid why not go back to ebay????????????, and stop having a dig at EBID ???

Julie's coffee,tea cup holders are a great idea,I have myself purchased a few and saved myself buying at least 2 new keyboards LOL.

Like you said adrum you may have sold a few more than Julie on ebay !!,but as Julie I think said she has tried it over there with not much luck, so I really don't know what her answer is as she hasn't got thousands to spend on advertising, I believe it is a great product,I have in fact got a link to Julies cup holders on my about me page as I think it is a great product
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information