eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yesssssssssssss.........we're back!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree !

The last time we overtook the 'crater' on the list, and were in second place, that was with all the eBid listings combined. Now we are catching them up again with just the USA eBid listings so it just goes to show how quickly eBid is growing.
    So what is the combined ebid listings total? - where can I find it?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

WOW! Lookin' good, eBid!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    The opposite also applies that a site without product is nothing but a place to show google adds, I think they are called parking sites.

It is common sense that they need to keep bringing in the sellers, as the biggest complaint outside of this forum is that buyers do not find what they want.

You are forgetting that ebad grew with the buyer beware auction system and buyers still flocked in to buy, as it was known as the one stop shop, where you could buy or sell anything.
    Buyers are always important to us but drawing in more sellers and product to draw buyers in and keep them coming back should be ebids priority at the moment.
    According to the forum, I keep seeing people say that sellers are pouring into ebid (unless of course those posts are a slight exaggeration).
    Every television advert - every radio advert - every newspaper advert - for any products - are ALL (without exception), targetting buyers.
    I guess they are all doing it wrong then.

10 years on - 3 1/2 million items available - I just think it is about time that the wording could be changed to targetting buyers.

The reasons why the wording wont be changed is obvious if anyone does their maths tho - it is all down to finance.
    Seller signs up for seller+ - ebid get £49.99
    A buyer signs up - ebid get 2% of any purchase made.That buyer would have to spend £2,500 for ebid to get the same return from them (or 250 buyers spending £10.00 each).
    Makes sense from eBid's point of view.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 10th February 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I think that's the one on the ebid.net home page (as opposed to uk, fr, us etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    It's here.
    http://www.ebid.net/

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    According to the forum, I keep seeing people say that sellers are pouring into ebid (unless of course those posts are a slight exaggeration).
    Every television advert - every radio advert - every newspaper advert - for any products - are ALL (without exception), targetting buyers.

10 years on - 3 1/2 million items available - I just think it is about time that the wording could be changed to targetting buyers.

The reasons why the wording wont be changed is obvious if anyone does their maths tho - it is all down to finance.
    A buyer signs up - ebid get 2% of any purchase made.That buyer would have to spend £2,500 for ebid to get the same return from them (or 250 buyers spending £10.00 each).
    You're talking about advertising for a selected product, which is a bit different than a site that has to rely on product being added. If they do not have the products to sell buyers do not come and they will definitely not come back. A bit like field of dreams, who the hell wants to play ball on a corn field.

Three and a half million products maybe a milestone but is nothing when you consider the range of products that are possible to be wanted by the masses of shoppers.

And yes the economics of it may be in ebids favor in some cases but when thousands of sellers are leaving a big site, then would you prefer ebid tried to bring them here to sell their wears or went off to one of the other alternatives.

In the end it will always be product that attracts buyers, not advertising.

There were a dozen antique and charity shops, one was really well known but never had anything in it, the others were the ones that always had the product, we looked in all for a while but then started bypassing the one that had nothing we wanted to buy, yet another we would travel out of the way to check out what they had.

Another way to look at it is if some form of magnet hanger suddenly took off that everyone around you was selling but you did not have, then would you not do all you could to get it?

Once ebid have the stock listings to please the numbers of buyers we need then it may be worth trying to attract more buyers but until they do they still need to attract the sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    You're talking about advertising for a selected product, which is a bit different than a site that has to rely on product being added. If they do not have the products to sell buyers do not come and they will definitely not come back. A bit like field of dreams, who the hell wants to play ball on a corn field.

Three and a half million products maybe a milestone but is nothing when you consider the range of products that are possible to be wanted by the masses of shoppers.

And yes the economics of it may be in ebids favor in some cases but when thousands of sellers are leaving a big site, then would you prefer ebid tried to bring them here to sell their wears or went off to one of the other alternatives.

In the end it will always be product that attracts buyers, not advertising.

There were a dozen antique and charity shops, one was really well known but never had anything in it, the others were the ones that always had the product, we looked in all for a while but then started bypassing the one that had nothing we wanted to buy, yet another we would travel out of the way to check out what they had.

Another way to look at it is if some form of magnet hanger suddenly took off that everyone around you was selling but you did not have, then would you not do all you could to get it?

Once ebid have the stock listings to please the numbers of buyers we need then it may be worth trying to attract more buyers but until they do they still need to attract the sellers.
    You have summed it up in one line........thousands of sellers are leaving the bay.
    That is a heck of a lot of £50.00 signing up fees for ebid - hence the reason they are targetting sellers.

You have your views on it - I have mine.

End of.

Good luck.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sellers *are* ebid's buyers. They are selling their services, lifetime accounts etc. We are the buyers of those items. What *our* buyers want isn't ebid's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Sellers *are* ebid's buyers. They are selling their services, lifetime accounts etc. We are the buyers of those items. What *our* buyers want isn't ebid's problem.
    That was one of the big complaints when I used to do the show circuit.

Would pay £500 or more for a weekend pitch at a major show.
    Didnt matter if the public turned up or not - the organisers had their money.

There is a bit of a similarity there.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That was one of the big complaints when I used to do the show circuit.

Would pay £500 or more for a weekend pitch at a major show.
    Didnt matter if the public turned up or not - the organisers had their money.

There is a bit of a similarity there.
    Perhaps if they'd only charged you 50 quid and left you enough budget to get on with your own promotions...

Thread Information