eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Why are questions & answers on the items viewable to all?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I agree with Kimbo. Leave it as is, but make it clear to everyone that the question and answer will be posted on the actual listing.
    That's all I want, as long as the bb option works in case there is something juvenile written.....of course support here is so fast, I'm sure they would handle that quickly if we asked. But if they can put systems in place that the sellers can handle, it frees them up to do more important tweaking.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I didn't know any site hid the questions. Any site I have used has always shown the questions somewhere in the listing. Most of the time questions are asked for information I didn't put in the listing and it was a help to other people looking.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I didn't know any site hid the questions. Any site I have used has always shown the questions somewhere in the listing. Most of the time questions are asked for information I didn't put in the listing and it was a help to other people looking.
    On Feebay...if I was asked a question I had the option of adding the question to the listing or replying to it without it being added

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Yes Thats got my vote as well.
    My vote, too. I don't want to police other members, I trust support to do that - I'd rather spend my time listing (and hopefully selling) items.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We've been showing Q&A on live items since I can remember. The main reason was for complete transparency and to stop fraud. Scammer buyers attempting to buy off site an scammer sellers trying to arrange payment by Western Union or bank transfer just to name a couple. When the results are public we find users much more restrained in their underhand activities.

I'd be reluctant to change the policy but will listen to everyone and also put our knowledge of what goes on in the background that many of you are unaware of into any final decision.
    So who polices the Q&A on listings for the kind of issues you indicate? I would expect it is admin. In which case can it not be set that with admin access all Q&As are displayed but for users only those selected by the seller are shown? I appreciate that that is simple to say but may not be so easy to code in practice.

I must admit that I have never found this to be a major issue but there have been a couple of occasions where a user query has added nothing to the listing. Plus, as indicated earlier, user questions can be removed by use of the Blackball function if felt really necessary.

Thread Information