eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gazza Mark can we make joining up from and external link more friendly & informative

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza Mark can we make joining up from and external link more friendly & informat

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I prefer them to go thru a verication process.

My shipping details are santa claus, north pole, etc etc etc isnt enuff for me.
    1. What verification is there for buyer members?
    2. You're not going to ship to the North Pole, are you?

Default Re: Gazza Mark can we make joining up from and external link more friendly & informat

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You know what I mean.

Regarding the first comment - if there is currently no verification for buyer members - what is the point of this thread?

Someone comes in and sees an item they want - they will still have to await a response from ebid support accepting any given shipping address.

I simply dont like the idea of someone wandering in, have the ability simply to purchase a load of items, give any old address to ship them to, then vanish again. No loss financially, but I would then have to go thru the hassle of claiming back fees, and relisting the items.

However, everyone to their own.
    I would like the option to block any non-ebid members.

This option would not HAVE to be used everyone - a simple box to tick would be ample.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 10th July 2011 at 02:02 PM.

The current verification for buyers includes a requirement for a telephone number & address, which eBid do check, hence all the hoo-ha on the thread earlier this year.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You know what I mean.
    No really, I honestly don't! I really don't understand your objection, because I can't see any meaningful difference from the seller's point of view.

Regarding the first comment - if there is currently no verification for buyer members - what is the point of this thread?
    To make the buying process smoother and more friendly for the buyers. To my mind the suggested changes from eBid will result in that, while making no significant difference to the sellers. You seem to think that the change will require an additional option for sellers to keep the status quo - I don't understand taht at all and am looking for you to explain what I've missed. Does that help?

On the basic point you're requesting - by all means add an option to allow or prevent sales to non-members I suppose; I don't understand why anybody would want to use it though. I'm perfectly prepared to believe I'm missing something, if you can manage to explain I'll be grateful!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The current verification for buyers includes a requirement for a telephone number & address, which eBid do check, hence all the hoo-ha on the thread earlier this year.
    Check how? Do you know? I don't recall any special checking at buyer level, but as I keep saying, I'm prepared to believe I'm missing something! What checks are done that are more robust than simply taking a shipping address... essential before any sale can be sent anyway?

No really, I honestly don't! I really don't understand your objection, because I can't see any meaningful difference from the seller's point of view.

To make the buying process smoother and more friendly for the buyers. To my mind the suggested changes from eBid will result in that, while making no significant difference to the sellers. You seem to think that the change will require an additional option for sellers to keep the status quo - I don't understand taht at all and am looking for you to explain what I've missed. Does that help?

On the basic point you're requesting - by all means add an option to allow or prevent sales to non-members I suppose; I don't understand why anybody would want to use it though. I'm perfectly prepared to believe I'm missing something, if you can manage to explain I'll be grateful!
    First part was the reference to the North Pole.

Second part........
    As Gothinca has pointed out, at the moment, there is a verification process for buyers.

If I could simply email ebid, and give them any old shipping address, which is not going to be checked out, I could go through someones auctions, bid on dozens of items, and tell them I will send a cheque, although I would have no intention of doing so - I just enjoy messing folks around............these people DO exist.

The next day, do the same again, giving another shipping address, and so on.

There are enough threads appear on the KT about non-paying bidders - I simply see that increasing if people can bid by simply supplying a shipping addrress.

However, like I said - it is up to those at ebid towers, and to those sellers that are happy with it.

To be honest, I dont see why I even bring it up - since I changed my fliers in April, I havent had the need to receive any invoices from ebid.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 10th July 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Check how? Do you know? I don't recall any special checking at buyer level, but as I keep saying, I'm prepared to believe I'm missing something! What checks are done that are more robust than simply taking a shipping address... essential before any sale can be sent anyway?
    It is not the sending of items that bothers me - I simply see the number of non-paying bidders increasing dramatically.
    Although there is no financial loss in this - it does cause hassle which I for one can do without.

Things that need to be looked at if non members are allowed to buy

1: If they are not members then I expect that feedback is not an option for those who ain't members (both receiving and leaving)
    2: Buddy points? Will people who get someone to eBid still get some sort of buddy point for getting someone to follow a link (like 0.5 a buddy point)
    3: I kinda agree with Magnets, if a seller wants to only sell to eBid members on eBid then that should be up to the seller, I don't see an issue with selling to none members as they will need to pay by a payment method like paypal on which they need to have a valid address, I can easily adjust my T&C's to say that I only ship to verified paypal addresses for non members of eBid
    4: Making it clear on a sales page that they are a non member or member, but I guess that non members will not have a username

Failing the checks at buyer level, for example refusing to add a valid phone number, & therefore receiving a strike-thru, is what the following thread was all about,
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tion-is-needed...
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is not the sending of items that bothers me - I simply see the number of non-paying bidders increasing dramatically.
    Although there is no financial loss in this - it does cause hassle which I for one can do without.
    Fair enough - thanks for the explanation. I'm not convinced, but I do understand where you're coming from.

Thread Information