eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Calling ALL eBidders - what improvements would you like to see?

Few more

Much more clarification on the banned items list, especially for non UK sellers who don't understand the requisite to abide by UK (English & Welsh) Law. (Who therefore list things that are legal in their own country, but not here)

Bulk edit to be usable on closed listings, as well as active ones

Clarification on the character limit when using search/replace in bulk edit

Not sure if the next is possible but, something needs to be done about the way items deleted by ebid for listing infringements are handled instead of the currently all to frequently missing or useless emails.
    I think this is probably the least user friendly part of the site.

Any listings found to be breaking the rules to be closed (NOT deleted)
    with column to show the reason.
    A simple key system would be best, (if possible make it a link to a fuller explanation of why removed, & the seller's options)
    ie
    a) Adult Items not in Adult Category - This item must be moved to the Adult Category, or deleted.
    e) All Knives, swords and machetes are banned - This Item Cannot be listed on eBid.
    k) Link to ecommerce site in listing - Offsite ecommerce links must be removed before this item is relisted.
    z) This listing contains multiple infringements of our listing policies - please review the list, & edit accordingly before you attempt to relist this item

Last edited by Gothicina; 25th January 2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

1) Ability to edit at least some areas of listings (especially price and shipping fee) after you made a sale in a multiple-item Buy Now listing. Right now, you can only add to the description after a sale is made.

2) I'm not an HTML expert but it looks the HTML editor generates some extra codes when you revise the listing and sometimes it causes the 40,000 character limit to be exceeded. This needs to be fixed.

The one thing that gets up my goat more than anything on eBid, is the constant slamming of other sites (one in particular).
    In my opinion, this is bordering on OCD for some members. Any respect, or desire to do any business with such members vanishes when I see this happening.
    It is one of the main reasons I give my customers a direct link to my store via my own url, and not to ebid itself, as I do not want them reading page after page of this in the forums.
    I would very much like to see this stopped - but unfortunately I dont think this could be implemented, so could not be included in the forthcoming poll with suggestions.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 25th January 2011 at 02:56 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

How about a prominent listing on the front page of how many Seller+ members we have

And How many items sold the day before.

That would inspire us and all new members.

(I must admit I got the idea for the number of sales from somewhere else, but I think its a great idea.)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

''babe’’…Always working hard….heh….I hope right people is going to hear you…..

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

1 - MoneyBookers integration
    2 - Drop ppPay
    3 - Yes to a better banned items list (next week will be the first time I'm back in the UK since before there were any online auction sites).
    4 - In the forums, bring back the text only list of (10) newly listed items at the bottom of discussion pages
    5 - A sale cancel button for when the buyer backs out (or gets a line through their name) so we're not spamming them with payment reminders to get FVFs credited.
    6 - Ability to process multiple items at all stages of the AAL
    7 - Differentiation on the button colour for payment-sent and payment-received (perhaps yellow for payment sent and green for received/accepted).
    8 - Same as number 7 for despatch - e.g. yellow for item packed for despatch but not yet posted - essential for long holiday weekends.
    and .... drumroll please .....
    9 - Lots of white space at the side of the forum, why not use it for something useful? Like perhaps an international public holidays list, so that buyers know when the seller's country is on holiday? Keep just-past holidays on there for several days afterwards.

10 - Oh, and eBid T-shirts for significant anniversaries since joining eBid ..... like 8 years an active member - hint - next month nudge nudge wink wink (never had any eBid merchandise to date - ever).

Gaz

A sale cancel button for when the buyer backs out (or gets a line through their name) so we're not spamming them with payment reminders to get FVFs credited.

Great suggestion. Would like that.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree Gaz - drop PPpay. It seems to do more harm than good for ebid.

View smurfury's Feedback (+1373)
    All-About smurfury
    View smurfury's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. I would like ... For it to be easier to see when a seller last logged in, not just via a store ( if they have one ) ... For sellers to log in once a week to show they are active ( unless they are on holiday mode ) ... Bids to be shown, pretty please ... To be able to leave feeback for each item when buying more than one of the same item ( is it called a dutch auction? ) Thank you julie.

Bulk edit additions of move auctions to run-til-sold and the opposite way from run-til-sold to variable duration
    Ninja to allow hours and minutes rather than just days
    Zoom for images
    Clearer indication on showroom that more than 1 image is available if applicable.
    Direct close account link under my eBid
    Integrate Moneybookers
    Kill pppay or sort it out
    Allow reply to feedback comments to be left in bulk
    Have eBid time rather than auctions running to peoples computer time
    Remove "on first bid"
    Bring back Happy hour auctions and if not used on a day, have it auto filled with front page or featured auctions
    Sellers to get buddy points for getting a bid, or a sale
    Get rid of the "showroom" view when a seller has only free or standard auctions running
    Last edited by raindropsies; 25th January 2011 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information