eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auction Bytes Survey results are out! Ebid is up one place.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Not only is eBid up one place, but I found it very "satisfying" when I learned that while eBid came in fifth #bay came in fourteenth...need I say more? ..........
    LOL! I'm sure my constructive comments about Feepay had nothing to do with that...

eBid ROCKS!!!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

BTW: Thanks Kimbo and MPS16 for making the numbers a little more understandable and a lot more interesting.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I couldn't face reading the comments about e*** while eating my crumpet but having gone back to those - there certainly aren't many that are very positive!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have read through most of the comments on half of the 16 sites so far.
    And honestly I have to say that if I did not know about any site at all, ebid does come out very well.
    Most people gave good comments, and just a couple that have been on for a month or so with no sales, one renegade who insists we change our name to ebid.com, and one person who thinks its outrageous that ebid charges 2% for a gallery pic, when most other sites done charge for gallery (he forgets to realise that most sites charge in different ways, that's what makes them different)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…I think ‘’profitability’’ low score is only because probably Sellers don’t sell much I mean like I say before If I can make $10 per item on site A and sell 50 items a month there, or make $25 per item on site B but only sell 5 items a month there -- which site is more profitable. I mean some Sellers have hundreds or thousand items in auction site and investing first own money before in all that items and if only sell couple still not enough because person still way of short own investing money in the first place. Maybe some Sellers thinking that way who knows exactly for sure, and like always in this surveys people who sell very much and make it big profit never vote in surveys or vote just a little numbers but people who have opposite experience vote in much bigger numbers but that is the exactly point all rest peoples who don’t have much profitability try in that way to make auction site much better in that column…Well this is only my personal thinking…and by the way we are better from last year in this survey and that’s is good sign….

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…I think ‘’profitability’’ low score is only because probably Sellers don’t sell much.
    With such low listing fees (mostly - nothing) not selling does not affect direct profitability. Profit is the difference between what you make, and what it costs - if it sits on the shelf for nothing, slow movement isn't relevant to profit. Unless you're going to start factoring in depreciation, which I frankly doubt was what the auction bytes responders were doing as none of it seems that sophisticated.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I found our fellow ebidder's comments most interesting. Glad to hear we are up from last year! Go ebid!!!

eBid.net came in fifth place with an overall rating of 6.8 and was one of the highest rated sites that offer online auctions (it is also a Google Shopping Marketplace Partner). Its highest marks were for Ease of Use (7.29) and also got good marks for Customer Service (7.16) and Communication (7.11). Its lowest marks were for Profitability (5.80).
    eBid received a lot of positive reviews. "Ebid is my favorite site. It is the most "ebay-like" of the alts without the drama. It seems to be growing slowly. But it needs to do more promotion." Another wrote, "Far more profit per sale, not overheads for items that are not sold."
    eBid started in Europe and has an international presence. One respondent wrote, "This ebid site seems to have little following in US, Looks like majority buyers are in Europe. With P.O. rates as they are to Europe it is a tough sell." Another seller wrote, "They need a name change. How about ebid.COM!!! Just cough up the dough and buy it from who ever owns the dot-com version!!"
    "Here we have an auction site that is getting it right, quick to react and protect both buyers and sellers. Not allowing multitudes of duplicate auctions means ease of browsing," wrote one respondent.
    Another wrote, "One of many great eBid features/tools is the Ninja listing tool for bulk uploading. It's easy to use and saves much time. Overall, my experience has been very enjoyable. The Staff and fellow members are very friendly and supportive."

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    With such low listing fees (mostly - nothing) not selling does not affect direct profitability. Profit is the difference between what you make, and what it costs - if it sits on the shelf for nothing, slow movement isn't relevant to profit. Unless you're going to start factoring in depreciation, which I frankly doubt was what the auction bytes responders were doing as none of it seems that sophisticated.
    Yeah - but do you think most of the respondents understand that? Their erroneous view is that "I don't sell much therefore I don't make much profit"!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Yep I understand you Kimbo Girl...but like I say before ''maybe'' some sellers thinking: '’I mean some Sellers have hundreds or thousand items in auction site and investing first own money before in all that items and if only sell couple still not enough because person still way of short own investing money in the first place…’’
    So if person it is not in any auction site selling and that mean your own money is in your bank account not in the Items...maybe some Sellers thinking that way because in all this survey for all auction sites couple thousand people answer so maybe in all this answers and with only clicking on the survey each for each questions without any comment some Sellers have that way of thinking...but anyway I understand what you mean...good day to you Kimbo Girl....

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Yeah - but do you think most of the respondents understand that? Their erroneous view is that "I don't sell much therefore I don't make much profit"!
    Gosh, you think they're even stupider than I do! Way to go.

Thread Information