eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Auction Bytes Survey results are out! Ebid is up one place.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Dardonboi

Ina has often said that they would like press releases from other sites.
    I agree that ebay and the river get a lot.
    But if they are doing things, buying other sites, appointing managers, doing promotions, then they deserve free publicity.
    So we should be pushing the boys to do more of this, after all its free.

Yes it would be nice if they would do some pushing to get mentioned occasionally.

We do have to look at the other side of journalism. My high school journalism teacher told us it was not the job of others to come find us with news, but it was our job to find out what the news is. It is easy to pick up the papers and read the press releases that the other companies are putting out there. The other auction sites have huge numbers of paid people doing the work. The leaders just have to show up for the news conference. I think if you are going to say you are a place to find information on auction sites, all sites need to get some attention for their good points and bad points.

Do we give up what we have, low fees and great support, for a the same kind of sites that get all the articles? I hope not. What the other sites are doing costs lots of money and time. It is also what has gotten them to the stage they are at now.

I would like to see us grow, but in a way that we can maintain the low fees and personal touch we have now.

This was discussed here: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...t=auctionbytes

Allegedly auctionbytes have regularly asked for news and press releases from the smaller sites. Julie received an email from HQ saying that they would see what they could do in the future but nothing seems to have appeared. None of the news about increasing sales etc that has appeared in newsletters is there. Would it not be possible to add auctionbytes etc to the mailing list for the newsletter when the news is good??

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

À Bientôt ....you go somewhere or? heh.....

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    À Bientôt ....you go somewhere or? heh.....
    Yep - going out for lunch with friends soon!! Trying new Chinese buffet restaurant.....Always great for vegetarians in the UK - in France who knows??? We'll see!

Thread Information