eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thumbnail photo not showing in auction listing pages

Default thumbnail photo not showing in auction listing pages

Hi,
    I just did bulk upload of 139 auctions immediate start, and when you look at listings of auctions,
    it shows no photo. When you open the auction the photo is there. Only about 3 of the 139 acutions
    have photo on top level page. When I try to edit one of these auctions it says photo is invalid,
    even though URL is correct and it shows image on edit page. Never had this happen before.

1. go to store:
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Virgin-Vinyl-Records

2. select category vinyl lp's and albums on left.

3. in sort box (on right) select drop down: "Start time most recent" and you see all those last loaded 139 auctions with missing thumbnail photos.

I Appreciate help with this.

Betsy

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, I see the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by happyfish335 View Post
    Hi,
    I just did bulk upload of 139 auctions immediate start, and when you look at listings of auctions,
    it shows no photo. When you open the auction the photo is there. Only about 3 of the 139 acutions
    have photo on top level page. When I try to edit one of these auctions it says photo is invalid,
    even though URL is correct and it shows image on edit page. Never had this happen before.

1. go to store:
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Virgin-Vinyl-Records

2. select category vinyl lp's and albums on left.

3. in sort box (on right) select drop down: "Start time most recent" and you see all those last loaded 139 auctions with missing thumbnail photos.

I Appreciate help with this.

Betsy
    Just followed you route, and yes there is a bug, not something anyone other than eBid can fix by the looks of it as you should have a picture showing (because you used gallery)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see pictures too. Maybe just a delay on the load of the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I see pictures too. Maybe just a delay on the load of the pictures?
    I still don't see them

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I still don't see them
    Correction! Double-checked and neither do I now, which makes me suspect I missed a step, or got them in the wrong order in my hurry last time. Took it slowly and nope, no pictures.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seems to be a spreading problem. Just bulk uploaded a batch of 50 or so items and suffering from exactly the same issue. The photo is there in the auction, but no thumbnail.

As an extra bit of info... If I go in and edit the auction there is no image in any of the 5 thumbnail spaces, although the original image link that I uploaded is visible. Attempting to save the changes throws up an error relating to the image, as follows:

"There seems to be a problem with your image, make sure you add a photo if you are using Gallery feature. Maybe the image you are trying to use does not exist (try pasting the image url into your browser to check) or you have opted for a featured auction that requires an image and you have not submitted one. Go back and click choose to pick an image."

The image does exist, as I can use the link displayed in the edit screen to upload it and attach from scratch.

Thanks for looking everyone and replying. in regards to last poster, i also get that error when I try to edit the auction. Just wanted to edit the title (delete 1 character) and then I get the same error message as you. I hope this gets fixed or a solution comes, don't like it that my listing's appear in search results without photo... not at all.
    Betsy

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, we have just been discussing something odd in your listings in thread: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-images-change

Although you are running Gallery format listings, the images are not eBid hosted images (which is required for Gallery listings). That is why you are not getting the thumbnail. I have been trying to work out exactly how you did end up with such a contradictory combination - using a self hosted image, as you are doing, I cannot create a Gallery listing - the system stops me.

How did you Bulk Upload? Via spreadsheet or using Ninja Lister?

Thread Information