View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Date / Time last seen

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Does this sound familiar Astral?

Eh! Wot!! Why you looking at me?

I think we have fought this battle before and it has gone nowhere. In the first place the biggest abusers are also the ones whth the largest numberer of listings. If they were removed or put on hold that would mean a huge number of listings being removed and that would really cut into the 4,000,000 listing mark we just hit.

I am not sure you could ever regulate away the dump and run listers. They are on every site I have ever worked on.
    I would rather see 3 million ''live'' listings from sellers that have signed in fairly recently.

When am looking for an item, I prefer to purchase there and then.
    At the moment, I have to email a seller to find out if they are still around first.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I would rather see 3 million ''live'' listings from sellers that have signed in fairly recently.

When am looking for an item, I prefer to purchase there and then.
    At the moment, I have to email a seller to find out if they are still around first.
    And that is exactly the problem. Those of us who are regulars know this....but newbies don't....and they shouldn't have to know this. The current system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Eh! Wot!! Why you looking at me?
    'Cause I like you!!!! Because we did this whole thing several months ago and we are exactly where we were then. Being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    And that is exactly the problem. Those of us who are regulars know this....but newbies don't....and they shouldn't have to know this. The current system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    Very much so.

I seem recall support saying last year sometime that they were going to introduce a ''signing in time limit'', but werent specific about it. Just said ''reasonable time''.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Very much so.

I seem recall support saying last year sometime that they were going to introduce a ''signing in time limit'', but werent specific about it. Just said ''reasonable time''.
    It seemed that it was on a yearly basis. Of course my memory isn't what it used to be.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seemed that it was on a yearly basis. Of course my memory isn't what it used to be.
    IMHO monthly, or even weekly, would be much better.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Well finally heard from my seller of the item I wanted. Their response to my email regarding invoice for item I purchased was:
    HI Sorry I haven't got back with you sooner. I don't get online too much anymore.
    I'm sorry to say, but I didn't realize I still had anything listed on ebid.
    I quit selling online nearly a year ago
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    So at least they responded....and I appreciate that. BUT it's even more reason for ebid to require sellers to sign in every so often or have their listings closed if they don't.

So at least they responded....and I appreciate that. BUT it's even more reason for ebid to require sellers to sign in every so often or have their listings closed if they don't.
    Yup - it certainly doesnt do the site any favours.

No point in folks going around inviting everyone they can to come shop at ebid until it is sorted out.
    It is happening too often.

If it happens to first-timers - they wont come back.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

...it's even more reason for ebid to require sellers to sign in every so often or have their listings closed if they don't.
    Totally agree, as I think everyone apart from the odd dissenter does. Sadly, indications are that eBid themselves do not wish to follow that route. The token effort of closing listing older than last login date + 365 days (which I am not even convinced is being enacted) was, I feel, a bodge and a fob to keep the rabble quiet.

Every seller that has not logged into eBid in the last 30 days should be emailed advising that they need to log in within 7 days to validate their account. Any that bounce the email should have their listings closed immediately - as they cannot be contacted if they get a sale. Any that do not respond should have their listings closed after the 7 days. That should then be ongoing for any seller that does not log in within a 30 day period.

Chance of the above? FAT.
    Last edited by astral276; 17th March 2011 at 03:21 AM.

Thread Information