Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Date / Time last seen

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't know you could write some script to automate logging in..........well, I shouldn't be surprised. There's so much techie-wise that I haven't learned yet.......thanks for the info!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Default Re: Date / Time last seen

Well I won an item I really wanted and never heard from seller...they joined June 2010. Tried many times to contact them but no luck. Darn, really wanted that item. I'm a regular here so I know this sometimes happens but if I were a newcomer to ebid it would surely turn me off from returning to site. I have contacted support about seller so they can do as they see fit.

Just another reason, IMHO, that seller's should be required to log in to ebid at least every 30 days or their listings should be closed...not deleted...until they log in again.
    Last edited by florida33549; 14th March 2011 at 02:05 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Well I won an item I really wanted and never heard from seller...they joined June 2010. Tried many times to contact them but no luck. Darn, really wanted that item. I'm a regular here so I know this sometimes happens but if I were a newcomer to ebid it would surely turn me off from returning to site. I have contacted support about seller so they can do as they see fit.

Just another reason, IMHO, that seller's should be required to log in to ebid at least every 30 days or their listings should be closed...not deleted...until they log in again.
    Couldn't agree more. I wonder if eBid management has seen this thread?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I wonder if eBid management has seen this thread?

Well they closed seller's account and said they passed your comments on to our Managerial team for review.

My comments were:

Thanks for the update. This is why ebid needs some form of mandatory sign-in for sellers...at least every 30 days....or their listings should be closed. As a regular member of ebid I know better than to pay for an item before receiving invoice but a new member would think all is okay and pay right away. Then if they did not hear from seller or never receive item, they would have a very bad taste in their mouth regarding ebid and that is not good. If ebid doesn't want to require a mandatory 30 day sign-in then you need to get rid of RUS listings or the other thing which is 7 days after 1 bid [or something like that]. That would make sellers sign-in to repost items.

You must do something about this problem. Word is spreading on the internet about the absent sellers on ebid and that is not a good thing.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

...and said they passed your comments on to our Managerial team for review.
    Pictorial definition....

Name:  budget1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  15.1 KB

I think we have fought this battle before and it has gone nowhere. In the first place the biggest abusers are also the ones whth the largest numberer of listings. If they were removed or put on hold that would mean a huge number of listings being removed and that would really cut into the 4,000,000 listing mark we just hit.

I am not sure you could ever regulate away the dump and run listers. They are on every site I have ever worked on.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I think we have fought this battle before and it has gone nowhere. In the first place the biggest abusers are also the ones whth the largest numberer of listings. If they were removed or put on hold that would mean a huge number of listings being removed and that would really cut into the 4,000,000 listing mark we just hit.

I am not sure you could ever regulate away the dump and run listers. They are on every site I have ever worked on.
    You're probably right, but I have to wonder about the mentality of such individuals. IMHO, why bother taking the time to list at all if you're going to pull a disappearing act? Seems like a bit of a time (not to mention money) waster to me.

Mel, You're so funny. But I hope you're not right. As we're all aware as sellers, it does not take long for a site to get an unreliable reputation. I know many sellers here use the RUS listings and the other thingy with 7 days, and they really like that option. BUT there has to be some kind of check system to avoid dump and run sellers. I know many also think that by showing when a seller last signed on that would help and it might. I know it would for me. Personally if I were looking at an item to buy and I saw the seller had not logged in for many months, I would pass the seller and their item up. I have done it on other sites and I would do it on ebid.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Mel, You're so funny. But I hope you're not right. As we're all aware as sellers, it does not take long for a site to get an unreliable reputation. I know many sellers here use the RUS listings and the other thingy with 7 days, and they really like that option. BUT there has to be some kind of check system to avoid dump and run sellers. I know many also think that by showing when a seller last signed on that would help and it might. I know it would for me. Personally if I were looking at an item to buy and I saw the seller had not logged in for many months, I would pass the seller and their item up. I have done it on other sites and I would do it on ebid.
    Agree 110% - there needs to be a way to see when members last logged in, for the health and safety of the site and everyone concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Agree 110% - there needs to be a way to see when members last logged in, for the health and safety of the site and everyone concerned.

The information needs to be easy to find. As it is now you have to know the site to find it. If I were a new user I would have come in looking for an item. Understanding the structure of the site would not be my problem, buying the item I want would be. We want to grow and everytime there is another person say here or elswhere that they did not have a successful buying experience hurts all of us.

Does this sound familiar Astral?

Thread Information