Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Date / Time last seen

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree too. Buyers can check on people with shops (if they can figure out how to do it now it's been hidden away !!! ) so why shouldn't they be able to check on sellers without shops ? Seems a weird system that needs updating. If all sellers checked in at least once a month, and buyers could see that, then I'm sure it would really help sales here.

This is why I raised the query / issue and started the thread.

Last Autumn in my 'buying spree' that I had on eBid, there were some items that I would have bought IF I'd have been able to suss out how active (or not) the seller/s were or are and when the sellers last logged in. For me, in a lot of cases, as I've been on eBid for a while, I know how active a lot are because of their regular presence in the forums so I knew that any purchase & payment is safe and I'm assured that it will be actioned. With other sellers, if they have a store, with a little chasing around, the last logged on can be found. However, for a new buyer coming to the site, this information should be plainly visible without having to 'dig deeper'. For sellers without a store, there is no hope - and for me, it put me off purchasing from them.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I think that this subject has been brought up many times. I do not believe that it will ever be addressed because the biggest abusers have tons of listings and if they are taken off our numbers will drop dramatically. Somehow convincing the administration that this is hurting all of us falls on deaf ears.
    I don't think that is strictly true as admin' did do a huge purge of dead listings not long ago where our listing numbers dropped quite dramatically and a huge pat on the back to them for having the courage to do that and make this a safer site to buy from.

The next step for improvement however, now that the listing numbers have recovered, would be to make sure that sellers logged in in a reasonable amount of time and make the date visable to give buyers the confidence to make a transaction. This would help all everybody as a happy buyer means they are more likely to return and buy from other sellers too.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe eBid could steal Kim's 'Here To Sell' badge idea (or pay her royalties - though I think they have paid her enough, one way or another, by now) and automatically display it on the listings of users who have logged in within a certain time frame.

Attachment 20833
    Last edited by astral276; 18th January 2011 at 11:22 AM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Maybe eBid could steal Kim's 'Here To Sell' badge idea (or pay her royalties - though I think they have paid her enough, one way or another, by now) and automatically display it on the listings of users who have logged in within a certain time frame.
    Yes simple ideas are the best

Does anybody have a good reason for not using this suggestion ?
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I don't see why people have a problem with me being a "dump and sit back and wait" seller, and I'm almost offended by the idea that I might be treated as a "dump and run" seller.

Many of you use eBid as your serious business venture... fine, good luck to you and I admire your work and determination. I use it for an entirely different purpose. Here's an example...

More than 40 years ago I had a 1936 Hillman Minx -- it was never roadworthy, but I learned how to decoke the engine and do various other maintenance. It went to scrap a very long time ago. And then, the service manual turned up. I was about to throw it out, but then I thought "No, maybe someone might want this". And so I put it on eBid. It stayed here for months, and then a guy the other side of the world, in Australia, bought it. He paid 20 quid for it and he was delighted to have got it. And of course I was delighted too, partly for the cash, but also the thought that the Internet, and eBid in particular, had enabled this to happen and prevent the waste.

I also have to refute the impression that I've done nothing since 2008. Yes, I've no feedback since then. And yes, my sales have been very sporadic. But when you sell to a buyer with 0 feedback, it's very rare for them to bother giving you feedback.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just came across two sellers with Ipads that have been on ebid for over one year and still have their glasses.

Now this is sad for two reasons.
    1 They have both paid their seller plus fees and have obviously hardly made any sales.
    2 They may no longer be active, so they could be a risk for a potential ebid buyer.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

I don't think that a last seen logo or whatever would be seen by many people.

A much better way, is to require sellers to log in once a month.

If they don't log in soon after that their listings are put on hold (not deleted) just not shown, until they do sign in.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Some suggestions have been marked by Gazza as on the to do list - multiple paypal addresses is one of them - but I would like it if more things were acknowledged or discarded so we could stop discussing them and get on with real work.
    It would be great if Gazza would produce a to do list, with priorities etc.

Much as I would like to see it made necessary for all sellers to sign in once a month, I have no doubt it could cause problems.

Hypothetical situation.......

I pay my 50 notes for seller+ lifetime membership.
    I list 1,000 items and make sure my emails are set up to receive mail everytime I have a sale.
    I then go and do lots of other things for the next few months, knowing I have 1,000 listings online, I have not broken any rules and regulations as per the T&C at sign up time.
    One day, 6 months later, I sign in just out of interest.
    To my dismay, I find that the rules have changed and all my listings are not viewable because I didnt sign in once a month.

I wouldnt be a happy bunny, and would certainly be asking for my 50 notes to be refunded.

Multiply the above scenario by a few hundred (possibly) - ebid could find themselves having to refund a lot of dosh!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

This subject is very political.
    Most of us see it as a problem (but some don't)
    And there are several solutions to the problem.
    But we can't agree on the best solution.

(May be that's why Gazza leaves it as it is)
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 5th February 2011 at 11:22 PM.

Thread Information