Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Date / Time last seen

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, yes, and yes, please do add this info. to About Me pages.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I agree with you but as someone put on my thread about having a bid column, you are

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Time Last seen…well I like to see this feature in ‘’About Me pages’’….and by the way many is going to see scary numbers I just check one just a sample and he have around 27,000 items in store and last he seen in about before a 160 days but I think we have many others who not seen in here for a year or two or more huh….

Bumping this back up in the hope that it can be seen by the people in the know - in the hope that they can help.

It is very frustrating that if the seller doesn't have a store, their 'date last seen' is not available to be seen, so we have no way of knowing how active (or not) a member is. Where it goes to be honest is of no importance, but in that the info applies to the seller / member then it makes sense to have it on their about me page as a default, along with the other details on the top left opposite the profile pic.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Bumping this back up in the hope that it can be seen by the people in the know - in the hope that they can help.
    It may well have been seen. It is not always simple making what seems like a simple change to the site. I think we all can sometimes be guilty of expecting an instant implementation of ideas.

It would be nice though if there was some way for admin to flag suggestions as In Progress, On The List, or Fat Chance.

I still think, if it is to be done, it would be better on each listing rather than the About Me page.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some suggestions have been marked by Gazza as on the to do list - multiple paypal addresses is one of them - but I would like it if more things were acknowledged or discarded so we could stop discussing them and get on with real work.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    It may well have been seen. It is not always simple making what seems like a simple change to the site. I think we all can sometimes be guilty of expecting an instant implementation of ideas.

It would be nice though if there was some way for admin to flag suggestions as In Progress, On The List, or Fat Chance.

I still think, if it is to be done, it would be better on each listing rather than the About Me page.
    I agree Astral, it should be on each item and displayed prominently. This would eliminate so many posts to the forum about sellers not responding or sending goods. Some sites even tell you when the seller is online. Then, you know that if they don't answer you chances are their customer service is not so good. And, if you see that they haven't logged on for a long time you probably won't order anything because you assume they are no longer active on the site.

How do we convince Gazza that this is something we REALLY NEED? A poll?
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I agree Astral, it should be on each item and displayed prominently. This would eliminate so many posts to the forum about sellers not responding or sending goods. Some sites even tell you when the seller is online. Then, you know that if they don't answer you chances are their customer service is not so good. And, if you see that they haven't logged on for a long time you probably won't order anything because you assume they are no longer active on the site.

How do we convince Gazza that this is something we REALLY NEED? A poll?
    I'm not actually that convinced that it would reduce the problem much. People don't even read the description of items they're buying, let alone associated stuff on around the screen. Which isn't to say I don't agree that it should be displayed. I suspect few newbies will notice it, and that if they do find it after they have a problem they'll just come to the forums saying "I haven't heard from my seller and it says 'not seen since blah', what does that mean!?" We need to remove absent sellers, not try to advertise them, in my view.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not actually that convinced that it would reduce the problem much. People don't even read the description of items they're buying, let alone associated stuff on around the screen. Which isn't to say I don't agree that it should be displayed. I suspect few newbies will notice it, and that if they do find it after they have a problem they'll just come to the forums saying "I haven't heard from my seller and it says 'not seen since blah', what does that mean!?" We need to remove absent sellers, not try to advertise them, in my view.
    Have to agree with you to Kimbo. But maybe baby steps first? At least this would help people who are a little more savy with internet buying.

But, it's true, at least in my opinion, that we need to still weed out the deadbeat sellers. Lifetime membership isn't a free pass for irresponsibility.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

I think this is an appalling idea. Why does it matter how often I do or don't log in? I'm not a dump and run seller, I've been around here for more than 7 years, but even if I don't log in for months, I have something called EMAIL.

Any questions that need answering, or successful sales, I get an EMAIL. And even if I don't log into the site often, I check my email several times a day. What's up guys/gals, don't you have email?

Focus on the problem, by all means. If deadbeat sellers are a problem, figure out how to identify them (I would imagine negative feedback would be one of the reliable indicators). Don't penalise people like myself, who visit the forums every week or two, log in to the auction site very occasionally, but provide great service to their occasional buyers and want to ensure that customers have a 100% satisfactory experience.

It's unfortunate that the two parts of the site are not tied together, but I understand the technical reason for that.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information