eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Date / Time last seen

Default Re: Date / Time last seen

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Worked didn't it!
    What worked?

Any news from admin' on this one or can I go back to sleep ?!

I bought something on the site last night so want my goods and am waiting to pay, no answer from seller as yet and don't know when they last logged in as they haven't got a shop. Now luckily for me the seller has good feedback so I think I will get an answer and my item at some point. But say if I was a new customer on ebid and the seller had no feedback ..... do you think I would have bothered to stick around here waiting not knowing if the seller was active or not ? I don't think so, I'm sure I would have gone across to the other side to buy my item and not bothered to come back here !

We need a way to see that sellers are active please eBid !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    What worked?
    I'm guessing she was referring to my 'a fob to keep the rabble quiet' in an earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I'm guessing she was referring to my 'a fob to keep the rabble quiet' in an earlier post.
    You are so right!

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Totally agree, as I think everyone apart from the odd dissenter does. Sadly, indications are that eBid themselves do not wish to follow that route. The token effort of closing listing older than last login date + 365 days (which I am not even convinced is being enacted) was, I feel, a bodge and a fob to keep the rabble quiet.

Every seller that has not logged into eBid in the last 30 days should be emailed advising that they need to log in within 7 days to validate their account. Any that bounce the email should have their listings closed immediately - as they cannot be contacted if they get a sale. Any that do not respond should have their listings closed after the 7 days. That should then be ongoing for any seller that does not log in within a 30 day period.

Chance of the above? FAT.
    On the contrary. You should be delighted if the scheme is introduced with a one year limit. How could anyone, even an "odd dissenter" like me, object to such a modest proposal?

You should be delighted because, once the principle is established, you're on the start of a slippery slope. Next the time limit will be reduced to 3 months, then one month, then a week.

No, I don't know whether that's the way it would be played on eBid, but it works that way for governments, regardless of which party. And if you haven't spotted that, you're really not paying attention! :/
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    And if you haven't spotted that, you're really not paying attention! :/
    I never pay attention. That way I can spend most of my time blissfully unaware of the chaos going on around me (a lot of which I maybe cause).

Thread Information