Thread: Images in transferred auctions

Forum Newbie
    East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    View gusfirefly's Feedback (+24357)
    All-About gusfirefly
    View gusfirefly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Images in transferred auctions

Hi Gazza. I'm fairly new here but am now your largest seller of coins and bills. I uploaded my Ebay listings to Ebid using first the Ebay Turbolister to download and then the Ninja Lister to upload here. The original Ebay listings were created through Auctiva which also hosted the images. The auctions on Ebid look like the Ebay listing was used as a single image for the item description. It includes the template and photos as they appeared on Ebay. What I'm wondering is whether I can now cancel the Auctiva service. If I do, the images will be deleted from Auctiva. But are they also going to disappear from the listings I transferred? To test the issue, I deleted photos for one listing from Auctiva. The Ebid listing still shows the pictures. So I think I'm OK but wanted your more expert thinking. The auction I tested is #33949252, in case that helps you. Many thanks for your time and your site. Ebid is turning out to be a great alternative for me now that I've escaped from the Evil Empire.
    Sharon

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The images displayed inside your description box (as opposed to any shown in the official ebid image display above the description) are being held on auctiva. I looked at that listing you mention, and that is definitely still the case. If you hover over any image in your template your browser should show you where the picture's coming from in your status bar. So you have *not* deleted the pictures from auctiva, whatever your intention. Possibly at auctiva there's a safety check that doesn't allow removal of images in use? Never used it so no idea how it works, sorry.

I'm not Gazza, but that's my take. The forums are mostly used by your fellow ebid sellers (like me!) - Gazza is the owner and does drop in from time to time, but rarely to deal with this sort of enquiry - he concerns himself more with system bugs, category requests, and site suggestions and bugs.

If you were paying to have the images on Auctiva, they still may charge you for the use of them even if you delete them on their site. I'm not sure of their legal thing is on them. I used to use them until they got crazy with the fees and lost all those customers for jumping the gun on how much to overcharge people.

Thread Information