eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggest that all references to PPPay be removed from eBid.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bohemian's Feedback (+129)
    All-About Bohemian
    View Bohemian's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's for anybody - they even had me !

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    It's for anybody - they even had me !
    LOL! Thanks Bo. And MPS16 too.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    They must be going for the long tweak.
    lmao - I was just going to say that as I registered with pppay when I joined eBid !

Wow--don't want to start off on ebid on the wrong foot but my goodness.I didn't realise the site was so old --going all the way back to 2005.It's somewhat amusing to see this statement under the 'payments and invoices' section

"Payment should be made via PayPal, click here to view your invoices and to make payment." ---made me chuckle anyway

Let me just say for the record that I can see the owners here are taking this site very seriously.Quantcast has it ranked 15,184---Alexa has it ranked 11,539 with a ranking in GB of 778.Thats fairly serious stuff and I'm happy to see it as a new seller here.I see they have a DMOZ listing and over 400,000 backlinks.I found this site just the other day while searching for something in the mineral genre in Ireland---first page listing on BIG G was ebid so they are doing all the right things and I hope to stick around and grow with it.

oh and hannaholly.co.uk gets some great ranking just for linking her domain straight to her ebid profile---smart stuff.Looks like she is quite a big fish on here ;-)

this is all public domain so hope I'm not out of line posting any of this info

peace and plenty of sales for all
    Jim Brady

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@MeteoritesEire

Welcome to ebid!

Looks like you know your stuff, I love that sort of info.
    I'm on Alex, and ebid has been rising slowly.

Thanks for the welcome Juliebabe---my pleasure to make your acquaintance and you know what they say ,whoever they are---knowledge is power ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoritesEire View Post
    Wow--don't want to start off on ebid on the wrong foot but my goodness.I didn't realise the site was so old --going all the way back to 2005.It's somewhat amusing to see this statement under the 'payments and invoices' section

"Payment should be made via PayPal, click here to view your invoices and to make payment." ---made me chuckle anyway

Let me just say for the record that I can see the owners here are taking this site very seriously.Quantcast has it ranked 15,184---Alexa has it ranked 11,539 with a ranking in GB of 778.Thats fairly serious stuff and I'm happy to see it as a new seller here.I see they have a DMOZ listing and over 400,000 backlinks.I found this site just the other day while searching for something in the mineral genre in Ireland---first page listing on BIG G was ebid so they are doing all the right things and I hope to stick around and grow with it.

oh and hannaholly.co.uk gets some great ranking just for linking her domain straight to her ebid profile---smart stuff.Looks like she is quite a big fish on here ;-)

this is all public domain so hope I'm not out of line posting any of this info

peace and plenty of sales for all
    Jim Brady
    Hi Jim,
    A warm welcome to eBid. I hope you will be very happy here with us.

The site actually started in 1999 and when I joined it was still very small. I didn't really start selling here until 2008. In the last year or so it has really come on in leaps and bounds the growth has been quite amazing to watch. eBid is a great site to sell on it's just pppay that lets the side down a tad !

Facts and figures are always welcome for us sellers and you are right about Hannaholly she has been a great supporter of eBid right from the early days.

Thank you cornishmaid (Becky?)

During these tough times one cannot have too many outlets to try to make a bit of a living so I'm trying to keep as many doors open as possible

according to who.is this site was first registered 31 Jan 2001 11:31:54 but either way thats still plenty of longevity.I hadn't even heard of ebay then nevermind ebid ;-)

I would so love to see ebay getting knocked off their perch and I can't wait to find my links on here---looks like when I try to link to my auctions the link says 'account pending'

I'll continue to have a look around and do my bit to drive some traffic here too

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoritesEire View Post
    Thank you cornishmaid (Becky?)

During these tough times one cannot have too many outlets to try to make a bit of a living so I'm trying to keep as many doors open as possible

according to who.is this site was first registered 31 Jan 2001 11:31:54 but either way thats still plenty of longevity.I hadn't even heard of ebay then nevermind ebid ;-)

I would so love to see ebay getting knocked off their perch and I can't wait to find my links on here---looks like when I try to link to my auctions the link says 'account pending'

I'll continue to have a look around and do my bit to drive some traffic here too
    Yes it's Becky - alias Cornishmaid1961, 2nd alias - Sergeant Major Cornish of the eBid army !
    The date you give was probably when it was registered as a company. The website actually started in December 1998.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBid

I can see your auctions fine Jim. If you are still having trouble tomorrow then you can contact eBid at support@ebid.tv they have a wonderful support team here and you actually get answered by a human being !

Very wise to have several outlets. Most of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    The date you give was probably when it was registered as a company. The website actually started in December 1998.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBid
    No, Jim is correct, ebid.net was not reg'd until 2001. However, the site was running long before that, but as ebid.co.uk, which was reg'd in November 1998, so that sounds consistent with Wikipedia. Alas, back then, modest fresh-faced Gazza and Mark only had ambitions in the UK, and only later decided world domination would be the objective!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information