eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggest that all references to PPPay be removed from eBid.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure what all this is about really.. I accept PPPay on just about all of my auctions, if someone pays me using PPPay I use the balance to pay for other stuff (only on eBid, because nowhere else accepts PPPay), and I won't send an item until the buyer has completed the penny check (otherwise they most likely just wouldn't bother and I'd never see the funds clear to my account). This is the same way that I use PayPal - I do not have a bank account or card linked to it so I can only spend what's in the account, I prefer it that way (no way a scammer can clear out my non-existent bank account through PayPal!) I maintain a minimum balance in both (a few quid at most, usually just a few pence) as I'd rather put the money to use than have it sitting in someone else's bank account.

I think this comes down to how we want to use online payment facilities rather than individual offerings; PayPal and PPPay use basically the same principle, not my preference I have to say; on Amazon I just use my debit card, no messing, and if they can do it then perhaps eBid can organise a similar system that all sellers can use.

Faced with a choice I think buyers are far more likely to use PayPal or Google Checkout than PPPay, for the simple reason that PPPay simply does not exist outside of eBid, nowhere that I know of accepts it, probably because it hasn't been promoted at all and has no real benefits over the competition as far as the average buyer is concerned. By contrast Google Checkout is accepted by numerous different online retailers, I have used it to buy all sorts of things and there is no worry about a balance sitting around doing nothing, transfers to my bank are automatic and do not cost the earth.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 31st December 2010 at 10:37 AM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

You wait till you have a problem. PPPay customer service is an oxymoron! I've never had a reply yet.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Default Yes Get Rid !!!

Ive stopped using pppay.con ! its a rip off and rubbish !
    You only reap what you sow ! ...
    Lots of Books all Subjects,Education, UFO,Space, Spiritual books, Cross Stitch, Needlework, Art & Craft Books & MANY MORE to mention ! Non Fiction, & Fiction.Dvds,Electronic games,Diecast Cars,Clocks,Pelham Puppet,Old 1970,s Lego Bricks, Lego Rare Funny Faces Bricks, Lego Flowers, Model Railway bits,Toys & Brick a brack & more...Forsale.http://uk.ebid.net/items/Newforest1959....

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    The message I posted in May.....
    "I really do think Gazza and/or Mark should do something about the running of this side of the company.It makes sense that eBid should have its own payment facility yet it totally lets the side down,both in ease of use & customer service.C'mon guys don't let this major glitch mar eBids reputation."
    ...... still applies.
    Just another little gem I received today from a brand new customer to eBid !
    thank you very much becky i really appreciate your understanding. iv contacted my bank today and they have told me all security checks have been done and there is no reason why i cant make payment, its obviously an issue with pppay but having to email and wait for replies is really frustrating lol once again many thanks for your kind understanding.
    The poor chap was frightened I was going to neg him for taking so long to pay and asked if I wanted him to send a postal order instead. What a stressful start for any poor newbie coming to buy here.
    Bless him, he has just left me a lovely feedback even though we have not been able to complete the transaction yet all due to pppay !

We need Moneybookers and we need the mess that is called pppay sorted out pronto !

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can anyone confirm that Gazza and Mike own PPpay ?

That would be a good start if we n=knew the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

That would be a good start if we n=knew the answer to that.
    Um I think you might mean Mark !

Does it really matter who owns it ? What is important is that something is done to make it either user friendly or have it scrapped. It is not doing the eBid name any favours with new customers being so frustrated.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I can confirm that Gazza & Mark are listed as the directors on the 2008 record from Companies House.There's an updated record if you want to check yourself.(Costs £1)

Sigh another sale just come in and is now being held up by the verification process. Why let buyers pay before that is completed and why is it still showing as me having logged it as paid when I haven't and it isn't paid? I've said it before and I'll say it again this is WRONG ! How am I meant to give my new customers good service with this hold up?

It's the last straw - when these two have been completed then pppay comes off my listings.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    It's the last straw - when these two have been completed then pppay comes off my listings.
    This is the way that pppay will be removed, by sellers!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    This is the way that pppay will be removed, by sellers!
    That's true !

Thread Information