eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggest that all references to PPPay be removed from eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I think it is highly unlikely that management will abandon PPPay
    I agree that ebid wont abandon it.... but as it stands at the moment it is (all but) unworkable, therefore it is A) putting sellers back's up, and therefore not being used, and, B) must be costing ebid money to run, which ebid could use for better things. Therefore surely it would be better for ebid to either cut their losses or get it working to a standard that sellers would be happy to use it

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have used it in the past and would use it again, but I refuse to make another payment to update my card

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

The message I posted in May.....
    "I really do think Gazza and/or Mark should do something about the running of this side of the company.It makes sense that eBid should have its own payment facility yet it totally lets the side down,both in ease of use & customer service.C'mon guys don't let this major glitch mar eBids reputation."
    ...... still applies.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've never had any problem with PPPPay.
    Probably because I've never used it.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Totally useless, confuses and annoys sellers and buyers alike, and reflects badly on eBid.

Fix it - or get rid of it (and refund my locked balance).
    I remember starting a thread approximately a year ago on PPPay from a sellers perspective. So you could do as I did and use the balance on your account to buy something from an eBid seller.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tizme View Post
    So you could do as I did and use the balance on your account to buy something from an eBid seller.
    So I have to find something I want, at the price of my PPPay balance, from a seller that is still willing to take PPPay payments. No easy task and not one I should have to undertake to recover money that is mine.

The balance is not a lot (but it could be - and maybe is for some) so it is more the principle of the thing. I could validate my new card, but if the so called 'penny check' is anything like last time it will cost the best part of the balance. Rather self defeating - for a service I have no intention of using unless they sort it out.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    So I have to find something I want, at the price of my PPPay balance, from a seller that is still willing to take PPPay payments. No easy task and not one I should have to undertake to recover money that is mine.

The balance is not a lot (but it could be - and maybe is for some) so it is more the principle of the thing. I could validate my new card, but if the so called 'penny check' is anything like last time it will cost the best part of the balance. Rather self defeating - for a service I have no intention of using unless they sort it out.
    I had a small balance on my account but, as is so often suggested, negotiate with the seller. The seller of my purchase was happy to oblige.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by tizme View Post
    I had a small balance on my account but, as is so often suggested, negotiate with the seller. The seller of my purchase was happy to oblige.
    You were lucky (in a way), I have since stopped taking it, my balance on pppay is 27 whole pence now, and simply not cost effective for me to re-do my card

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

If its true that Gazza and Mark own or run PPpay, then I wonder if they spend much time on it ?
    Would that time and energy be better spent on promoting ebid ?

Thread Information