Thread: How to cancel an order and get my fees refunded

Forum Newbie
    View shumboom's Feedback (+1)
    All-About shumboom
    View shumboom's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to cancel an order and get my fees refunded

Hi

Someone has 'accidentally' pressed buy it now on my laptop - he has asked me to cancel the order but there appears to be no simple way of doing this. And will I get my fees back?
    thanks,Shumit

well as the sale has gone through you will have to go through the NPB route.....

So you will have to send three payment reminders each 24hrs apart. once you have done that you will need to leave the relative (i.e. negative) feedback then sent the auction number & buyers to support and they (should (never known them not to)) refund your FVF

and if the 'accidentally pressed buy on my laptop' means that someone has, by way of accident caused you to buy something then I suggest that you contact the seller of that item and explain the details to them.

Unless if I'm missing something, but I can't see how your friend clicking buy on your laptop could result in you paying FVF to warrant a claimback of fees - unless your friend clicked to buy one of your items. If that is the case, then work it out mutually between you and use it as a kick off to your feedback. The fvf would only be minimal anyway - for standard listing with gallery I believe its only 2%. If the latter is the cause of the problem, then if the fvf are of great concern, as it was your friends accident, get him to reimburse the fees to you. Your friend may be a little more observant and careful with your possessions if they have to 'pay' for it.
    Last edited by BabsnRay; 8th December 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

babs I think the last line " And will I get my fees back" means that the OP is the seller.... but I could be wrong

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I took it that the "laptop" in question was one the OP was *selling*, not the one they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    babs I think the last line " And will I get my fees back" means that the OP is the seller.... but I could be wrong
    thats what I thought too - but to me it doesn't make sense - unless the friend bought the OP's item from the OP's computer which could be classed as 'shill bidding'. without the bidding bit if that makes sense.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I took it that the "laptop" in question was one the OP was *selling*, not the one they are using.
    Oh right - yes of course = that would put a different light on it. Its strange how people can read simple statements in different ways. ......... I think I'll go back to my washing up - I can't mess that up. )
    Babz

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Oh right - yes of course = that would put a different light on it. Its strange how people can read simple statements in different ways. ......... I think I'll go back to my washing up - I can't mess that up. )
    *crash!!* Oops, spoke too soon.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shumboom View Post
    Hi

Someone has 'accidentally' pressed buy it now on my laptop - he has asked me to cancel the order but there appears to be no simple way of doing this. And will I get my fees back?
    thanks,Shumit
    ''Accidentally''....for that ''mistake'' who is press button for buy now must press ''twice'' not only ''one'' press, so this is not ''accidentally'' anymore this is a joke....simple as that...

Thread Information