Forum Posts

Glad to help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
    All-About ju5tachance
    View ju5tachance's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank to everyone who was so nice and understanding and I appreciate everyone's ideas. Honestly, I think that trying to help this family has brightened my Christmas spirit and made me enjoy Christmas more than I ever have. Even though this is a tough thing to do, I would consider doing this every year. I think someone asked me for sizes and details so this is what I do know..... Her oldest daughter is 13 and wears an xl, her little boy is 10 and wears size 14/16 or L in boys and her little girl is 8 and wears 14/16 or L in girls. They are all really tall for their age. I honestly thought the little boy was about 12 years old when he came to rake my leaves one day until he told me otherwise. lol. They are all very sweet and helpful children and so is their mother. I guess thats why (as I told another member) this family caught my heart so off-guard.It is a rarity to see young people so productive,caring and unselfish. :0) By the way......................... Happy Holidays!

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

One thing that I want to mention is that it's also important to help her maintain her dignity. Helping her find the tools to help herself may be better than involving the whole community which may really embarrass the family.

She has a teenaged daughter who may be embarrassed to death- maybe not so much accepting the help as much as she doesn't want to be teased at school. If she's 13 she's in middle school and I don't know about other countries, but here, in our public school systems, they are ruthless! Or, mabye it's just our particular area.

Does she qualify for food stamps or heating assistance? If she hasn't checked into that, that may be an option too. We also have food banks and the government gives free milk, cereal, cheese, etc. They call it WIC. I don't know if that's a national or State agency. We also have a government sponsored helpline which will hook you up with any agency that you need. Do you have anything like that? Has tried calling different agencies?

I get a lot of brand new toys(never opened) for my grandkids at auction. Also just about anything you could imagine for the house. It is literally pennies on the dollar.

It's a hard situation any way that you look at it and I sure hope that things will get better for them soon. They sound like great people.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

So glad everything is working out, here's hoping the economy picks up and they're doing better very soon.

BTW: Luvintage makes some very good points, definitely some things there to check out.

Best wishes for happy holidays and many sales to all,

Thread Information