Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Young Family In Need

Forum Newbie
    Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
    All-About ju5tachance
    View ju5tachance's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation A Young Family In Need

Happy Holidays everyone! I am new to eBid so please let me know if this isn't the right place to post this....but I have a question.........
    There is a mother of 3 that lives around the corner from me. She has a 13 yo girl, a 10 year old boy and an 8 yo girl. She works full time but I am told that she doesn't have any money for Christmas for her children or for a hot water heater in her home. She has family up north but she can't afford to go see them. I have been trying to find her help for Christmas but I have yet to find a hero for her family. She is the nicest and most caring young woman that I have ever met to be in her situation. You can't even tell it on her face that she is struggling. She cares for my neighbors elderly mother on a daily basis as well as a couple of other elderly people in our community. I just can't stand by while this wonderful young lady's family goes without on Christmas. I tried to sign her up for toys for tots but our state;s cut off date was long ago and the few local churches already have too many families to help. My sister made her children a wish list on walrmart.com but I am unsure of how to get the word out for her. Does anyone know how or where I can find someone to help her? Or can anyone here help her?

If she lives around the corner from you, I would guess that the other people in the district or at least neighbouring streets are aware of her situation. Perhaps a local collection would be sufficient to raise enough for what you need. Just an idea especially as the time to christmas is short.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well you have made a start by recognising her situation. You or friends and neighbours have an opportunity to show some real Christmas spirit.

Toys and material things do not make a happy Christmas.

Whereas human companionship and fellowship can make her the happiest woman in the world this Christmas.

You can be her hero by canvasing your friends and neighbours and inviting her and her family to a community dinner or some such event.

To feel alone at Christmas is the one feeling you CAN take away.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ju5tachance
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that Pink and Babs. I am sad to say that I have tried doing that but it seems as though everyone is broke like me. :0(

Forum Newbie
    All-About ju5tachance
    Forum Posts

I feel that Christmas shouldn't be about gifts either but can you honestly tell a small child that they will get nothing for Christmas? Can you imagine the heart break that would cause? Who would want such a thing? Pink, do you have children? If you do, do you not buy Christmas for them or your other family members if you don't have children?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ju5tachance View Post
    Thanks for that Pink and Babs. I am sad to say that I have tried doing that but it seems as though everyone is broke like me. :0(
    You just don't get it!

Christmas is not about material things.

It's supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ,

You can help your neighbour over the holidays and you don't need a pocket full of money to do it.

Me and my family including young kids had the best Christmas ever when I decided to spend only what I had, and it wasn't much at all, and not to go into debt for a year.

It showed me the true Christmas and the value of friends and neighbours!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel that Christmas shouldn't be about gifts either but can you honestly tell a small child that they will get nothing for Christmas? Can you imagine the heart break that would cause? Who would want such a thing? Pink, do you have children? If you do, do you not buy Christmas for them or your other family members if you don't have children?
    My children are grown up now and I have never bought them Christmas presents.

They had food and a roof over their heads and warm clothes....I have never understood this newfangled Christmas thing myself.

I am like just about everyone I know, in that I keep an eye out for my neighbours all year round and they all look out for me too.

Happy Holidays everyone! I am new to eBid so please let me know if this isn't the right place to post this....but I have a question.........
    There is a mother of 3 that lives around the corner from me. She has a 13 yo girl, a 10 year old boy and an 8 yo girl. She works full time but I am told that she doesn't have any money for Christmas for her children or for a hot water heater in her home. She has family up north but she can't afford to go see them. I have been trying to find her help for Christmas but I have yet to find a hero for her family. She is the nicest and most caring young woman that I have ever met to be in her situation. You can't even tell it on her face that she is struggling. She cares for my neighbors elderly mother on a daily basis as well as a couple of other elderly people in our community. I just can't stand by while this wonderful young lady's family goes without on Christmas. I tried to sign her up for toys for tots but our state;s cut off date was long ago and the few local churches already have too many families to help. My sister made her children a wish list on walrmart.com but I am unsure of how to get the word out for her. Does anyone know how or where I can find someone to help her? Or can anyone here help her?

When you say "Does anyone know how or where I can find someone to help her? Or can anyone here help her?
    What do you mean. I know i must sound a bit dense. but i'm not sure what sort of help you mean ????

Jane

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rocky Mount NC is home to North Carolina Wesleyan Methodist College/University, I believe. When I was in college, a lot of the students took on local charity work with children in the area....I remember giving a Christmas party for some kids (another college in another state, but not religiously connected, so NCW might have an advantage that way). Get in touch with the college and see if there is a group you can contact about connecting caring students with a needy local family. It's hard to do that sort of thing online because people are cautious about giving money to unknown entities. We actually know nothing about you, or your story, which is too bad, because there are a lot of really caring people on here. But we have all at one time or another been taken advantage of by pleas for help which really were not accurate. Like most places on the net, people can post any pic they want, and say whatever they want to say.......Not saying you or your story are not real, just that we have no way of knowing at this point. It takes time to sort out what is real. That is one benefit of working this out locally - it doesn't take much to wrap up a box of crayons, if you want to give gifts....but scout around your area for local groups - churches, the Univ, Rotary, Elks, Optimists, any sort of charity group - Jaycees, etc....they might be able to point you in a better direction than we can from across the pond. Wishing you luck with your search.......
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    All-About ju5tachance
    Forum Posts

Default Thanks

Thanks for those ideas guys. Those are all I was asking for unless someone did want to volunteer a small toy or something. Not a hand out. I never imagined that me posting on a website out of the kindness of my heart would make me look fake with a fake pic, etc. Has the internet really gotten that bad? I guess my heart has gotten bigger than my brain. :0) Yes, Pink I know that that is not what Christmas is about. It took me until I was about 30 years old to realize that but most children are not brought up like that. It's sad to say but it is true. My own children have never gotten much but there has always been plenty of family, friends and lots of good food around. We've always enjoyed feeding our faces more than opening gifts. Please don't think ill of me Pink. I wasn't trying to be rude. I guess it's hard to explain things when you don't talk to someone in person. It's easy to take things the wrong way when you are just reading words and not knowing the feelings behind them. I guess that I was trying to say that there are a lot of people who don't celebrate Christmas that way and love to wake up Christmas morning to see the huge smiles on their childrens' faces. For some families, like the one I am posting of see Christmas as the only time of year that they can possibly do something special for their children.

Thread Information