... oooh wot you buying then?
    me?

Nuttin - am a tight wee beastie

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Craig, please resize or remove that image, you've made the thread unreadable. I'll come back later to see what's been said, ta.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    The first idea I would worry about it as a seller, as for a buyer to buy from search without reading the listing would be risky for both buyer and seller.

Doing it from watched items however would not be a problem, as that would become like a shopping cart, and maybe make it useful for once.
    The things I am suggesting would be an extra to whats already here. In my experience, opening an auction does not mean that a buyer will read the description. However I wouldn't want opening of an auction to vanish.

Sometimes, a buyer don't need to read a description always, in fact I rarely read a description in full. I know the idea will not be every ones cup of tea, but making buying and bidding easier is what I am trying to get at with a lot less clicks as shown in post 4

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    The things I am suggesting would be an extra to whats already here. In my experience, opening an auction does not mean that a buyer will read the description. However I wouldn't want opening of an auction to vanish.

Sometimes, a buyer don't need to read a description always, in fact I rarely read a description in full. I know the idea will not be every ones cup of tea, but making buying and bidding easier is what I am trying to get at with a lot less clicks as shown in post 4
    I see where you're coming from, and I like the idea of assembling a list of interesting items that's somehow more purposeful and more transient than the watch list, but the idea of selling multiple items from multiple sellers without presenting the full listing to the buyer does worry me enormously. Perhaps a compromise is to assemble a "shopping list" of listings and then allow the buyer to go through that list adding and removing items, but then the purchase/bid phase steps them through each one in order so at least they don't have to return to search or watched or whatever? I would definitely suggest avoiding any hint of "basket" or "cart" in the process, or this will fool buyers into thinking they're making a single purchase with a single payment and they'll either get upset and huffy when they find they have to do them per seller, or they'll get confused and pay one person only and leave the rest hanging!

And thanks for sorting the picture, Craig.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand what you mean by making things faster but anything that prevents a buyer reading a listing to me is a no no, but I suppose I understand for some low cost items then that would make sense. If there was some reason the buyer could not just ask the seller to combine the items they wanted then I suppose it would make things faster. But I as a seller would also want the option to not have my items offered in that way

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I understand what you mean by making things faster but anything that prevents a buyer reading a listing to me is a no no, but I suppose I understand for some low cost items then that would make sense. If there was some reason the buyer could not just ask the seller to combine the items they wanted then I suppose it would make things faster. But I as a seller would also want the option to not have my items offered in that way
    I may be interpreting your post wrong, but my idea would not prevent a buyer reading an auction description, the function to read a description would and should stay.

I agree would be great to have a shoping cart type thing for when you are purchaseing more than one item from a seller, would it not be complicated though to have this to buy from several sellers in one cart, might confuse things and may end up with seller not getting thier payments but im not up on all the technical stuff as you may becoming aware LOL and it sounds like a good idea to discuss and adapt

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Neat idea, I like it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information