Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please review system for putting newbies under review

Exclamation Please review system for putting newbies under review

Title says it all, I as a seller do a lot of work to get people to eBid to buy.

What I have found on several occasions is that if a newbie goes on a spending spree they tend to get put under review rather fast. I have been in direct contact with a few of the buyers this has happened to and they don't understand why they are under review.

If eBid wants to restrict newbies to x amount of purchases to start with please make this clear (although I don't really see the point)
    If a buyer is put under review, let them complete the transaction/s through eBid.

Buyers have said to me that they simply WILL NOT come back to eBid as they have felt that their money should be as good as anyones.

I don't know the in's and out's of the trigger for newbies, but seriously suggest that it is looked at and improved otherwise it's not going to let eBid grow as fast as it could.

Forum Newbie
    All-About XenonsGlobal
    View XenonsGlobal's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would agree, this sounds like it would do more harm than good by upsetting buyers as you've said. I would vote to have a limit CLEARLY stated after sign up. Maybe a 30-60 day period, or after 5 feedback or something

1 user I know of, that was put under review for buying a lot now has 1155 feedback (all positive) and that was accumulated since 7th October 2010.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do agree with this - it is very off-putting!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

On the other hand i had a buyer purchase loads of items and managed to block them my self , took me a while to sort it out and had to relist loads of listings., they managed to clock up 18.00 in FVF before i blackballed them , support was prompt in sorting out the fees.
    when some one gives a stupid name and address they need stopping before even more damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I do agree with this - it is very off-putting!
    I had no idea that this was happening - that may explain why I have received no communication or payment from a newbie in India who appeared immediately with a name strike through. She had only bought a few craft items from me - not an area that attracts scammers usually. I have no idea if she tried to buy from anyone else at the time. When did this start? Do we know what is the purchase level that triggers this action? I thought we were trying to attract new members?

A newbie bought 5 books from me this week - I left feedback as soon as he paid...

when I checked this morning according to his feedback he has since bought at least one item from someone else... no strikes through name though...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

How did you get in direct contact Sarah - as there were no details attached at bottom of sale notice? I tried to make contact via AAL but had no response. Now I'm wondering if I was unfair to have marked her as a NPB - maybe she was prevented from paying? The items weren't worth much - it did seem odd that someone would avoid paying so little an amount.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    How did you get in direct contact Sarah - as there were no details attached at bottom of sale notice? I tried to make contact via AAL but had no response. Now I'm wondering if I was unfair to have marked her as a NPB - maybe she was prevented from paying? The items weren't worth much - it did seem odd that someone would avoid paying so little an amount.
    I had the details from one of the sales before the strike through in the email

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    On the other hand i had a buyer purchase loads of items and managed to block them my self , took me a while to sort it out and had to relist loads of listings., they managed to clock up 18.00 in FVF before i blackballed them , support was prompt in sorting out the fees.
    when some one gives a stupid name and address they need stopping before even more damage is done.
    I have no quarms about blocking people that give fake addresses, but when the address is accurate it baffles me.

Thread Information