My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dutch auctions and feedback

Lot of confusion between Dutch auction and someone selling several of the same item at a fixed price.

If i sell someone one item from a fixed price sale and then next week the same buyer orders the same again, i still only get one feedback for both sales.
    When the item sells out or ends after 10 relists i relist it and then i would receive a feedback for the same item, confused yes im always confused.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bohemian's Feedback (+129)
    All-About Bohemian
    View Bohemian's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I missing something here, why can't there be one feedback for one sale, every time ? Makes no sense to get one feedback for multiple buys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Am I missing something here, why can't there be one feedback for one sale, every time ? Makes no sense to get one feedback for multiple buys ?
    If someone bought five of the same item one after another at the same time, i suppose that wouldant warrant 5 feedbacks, but after a few days they purchased another i feeel it would deserve feedback as its a separate transaction on a separate invoice.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bohemian's Feedback (+129)
    All-About Bohemian
    View Bohemian's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I mean, (phrased it badly) is if you sell five items, even in one sale, then you should get five feedback points

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't agree, if you buy 5 items of the same kind as one sale - one feedback is sufficient. Then if you go back next day and buy 2 items of the same kind as the previous 5, you should be able to leave another feedback. At present you can't.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you let us know good example auction IDs and we will investigate this one.

Thx
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx
    Gazza
    Had one recently but cant find the item, buyer bought one item and a week later bought another, i couldant leave a feedback for the second transaction, cant even remember who it was.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's an example from me, Gazza - great items, from new Ebidder............would like them to succeed. More feedback from different sales (even if it is from same person) can only help. Thanks!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's another - I've bought from this person the same item on three seperate occasions.

A fine seller!

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Thx - Gazza
    Auction ID 35623578 "Buy Now - "Run Until Sold Listing" - with multiple quantities for sale

I purchased the first item on Dec 24, 2010, and then a second identical item on Jan 10, 2011 from a very good seller.

Problems:

1. I can't leave a second feedback as the two purchases have been lumped into one line item on the "My eBid Summary-won", (as seen in the picture below). The Seller sent instructions on how to pay for the second item, so I didn't have a problem paying for the second transaction.
    2. However, since there is only one line item for two separate purchases, the "Status/Options" column on the "My eBid Summary-won" page displays info for what has happened to the first transaction only, not the second transaction. Please note that I have received the first purchase and left feedback for the buyer, (as seen in the picture below). The second item has just been mailed today and no feedback has been left for the second item. The information for the second purchased item can't be updated because there is only one line item for the two purchases. So you can see how the one line item on the "My eBid Summary-won" page can be confusing for two separate transactions and does not reflect the status of the second item purchased. This hinders the tracking of these types of purchases/sales both for the seller and buyer.

I would like to see separate, unique line items on "My eBid Summary-won & sold" pages for items bought/sold on different dates from the same Auction ID. It would be a big help in tracking these types of transactions and give the buyer/seller the ability to leave separate and unique feedbacks for separate and unique transactions/mailings.

See pics below:
    Name:  Auction 35623578-bidding history.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  61.3 KBName:  Auction 35623578-my ebid summary.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  33.7 KB
    Last edited by Maxx; 10th January 2011 at 09:36 PM.

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Thread Information