Quote Originally Posted by ukcoins View Post
Another point, buyers always say the same thing as you how can i tell if the seller is trustworthy, its not rocket science to work out if some one is just trying to sell a few high end items to scam you and then do a runner,

ALSO What about the the sellers, you don't think we run risks when we sell, i can sell a £1000 coin get paid send the item and then get whats called a charge back by the credit card company, i would now have no money and no item, every time sellers sell a item we don't say is this a genuine buyer or a crook trying to scam me, oh best get a load of verification proof of them before they can have the item,

Its always the same nobody ever gives the sellers any thought, i'm sure other sellers know what i'm talking about, for some reason buyers only ever think its them that can get scammed and loose money,
As a person who hasn't sold anything online, but purchases regularly, it is clear that I have fallen in to the trap of thinking that it is mostly the buyers who get the raw deal.

But after reading your post it has opened my eyes. Escrow now sounds like a horrible idea, the buyer could say anything about the item and the Escrow facilitator would then have to withhold your money until the situation is "resolved".

Much easier to have the money safely, send the goods and if the buyer is happy that is it. We just need proper registration so that anyone who does a runner can be tracked down and thankfully ebid had this for when I almost lost £160.