Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do I make/use an encrypted button for Paypal payments?

Default How do I make/use an encrypted button for Paypal payments?

I have another site I am trying to launch that uses encrypted button payments. I would like to set up Paypal to only accept encrypted payments. The problem is that, from what I can tell, eBid will not allow you to set this up. Is this correct? When I change my settings in Paypal to "Block Non Encrypted Payments", eBid no longer works.

Thanks for any help.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

No, you wouldn't be allowed to do that - it would fall under 'selling offsite' because although the sale would have been made through a listing on eBid you would be asking buyers to go to your other site to complete the sale.

Other than that, it would be impossible to do because, as there is no sensitive information on listing pages, there is no need for them to be encrypted.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I might be wrong, but I think the OP is simply asking about being able to use paypal in two places, one of them eBid, not taking sales off-site from here. Off the top of my head, I'm afraid I don't have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    No, you wouldn't be allowed to do that - it would fall under 'selling offsite' because although the sale would have been made through a listing on eBid you would be asking buyers to go to your other site to complete the sale.

Other than that, it would be impossible to do because, as there is no sensitive information on listing pages, there is no need for them to be encrypted.
    I am not trying to sell offsite. I want to be able to use an encrypted button for eBid. Is there any way to do this? I have an unrelated site that I will be using separately. If I can get eBid to use encrypted Paypal buttons then I can accept encrypted buttons on all my sites and reject non-encrypted payments.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willworknow View Post
    I have another site I am trying to launch that uses encrypted button payments. I would like to set up Paypal to only accept encrypted payments. The problem is that, from what I can tell, eBid will not allow you to set this up. Is this correct? When I change my settings in Paypal to "Block Non Encrypted Payments", eBid no longer works.

Thanks for any help.
    I asked this question on another site about a year ago and was given a list of reasons why I shouldn't use Encrypted Payments so never have used them. Unfortunately I now cannot remember any of the reasons I was given. Maybe you should ask eBid support for help at http://uk.ebid.net/contact.php
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for any help.
    I wonder if the Paypal javascript which you can use to create a payment button on your website can be pasted into the html version of your item description in Ebid.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I wonder if the Paypal javascript which you can use to create a payment button on your website can be pasted into the html version of your item description in Ebid.
    If you include a payment button on your listing you are circumventing the purchase process and are likely to get into deep do-dos!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The "Block Non Encrypted Payments" need to be OFF within your PayPal settings to be compatible with eBid.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    View thealleykat's Feedback (+1069)
    All-About thealleykat
    View thealleykat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do I make/use an encrypted button for Paypal payments?

Thanks for any help.

As a seller, you have to send the invoice thru Paypal, not Ebid.

Thread Information