Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is it worthwhile?

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is it worthwhile?

Hi I have a weekly subscription to Grazia magazine which I love , usually can't wait for the next issue to land on my doorstep. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile listing these once read?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that depends on what you personal value of "worthwhile" is. You might sell a few for pennies plus postage, depending on who is in that month's issue. If you're happy to do that, it's better than sending them to landfill, from a re-use, reduce, recycle point of view. Will they be big earners, I doubt it. You'd need to be able to deliver for less than the cover price (no idea what that is, sorry). :-)

You could try them in small bundles - 3 issues in 1 listing or something like that - emphasising a topic perhaps to gain interest. Trouble is the p&p on them may be high. Maybe try and work out how many will come under the royal mail weight & size bandings and do them that way - if that helps

If you're happy to just pass them on for someone else to get use out of them, perhaps somewhere like a local Residential Home may appreciate them, or something like a doctors or dentist for the waiting room.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    You could try them in small bundles - 3 issues in 1 listing or something like that - emphasising a topic perhaps to gain interest. Trouble is the p&p on them may be high. Maybe try and work out how many will come under the royal mail weight & size bandings and do them that way - if that helps

If you're happy to just pass them on for someone else to get use out of them, perhaps somewhere like a local Residential Home may appreciate them, or something like a doctors or dentist for the waiting room.

Don't tell anyone, but - I've been known to nick an interesing magazine I had started to read in the Doc's or dentist!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Don't tell anyone, but - I've been known to nick an interesing magazine I had started to read in the Doc's or dentist!
    Tut, tut.

(Me too).

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I deliberately landfill my papers and magazines, and any books not fit to sell.

They go through my paper shredder, I cover the shredded paper with soil in the garden, and then grow potatoes on it.
    Within six months there is no sign of paper, but the soil keeps improving its texture
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information