Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shrinking google shopping exposure

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Cornishmaid, thanks for the info., not panicking, just deep breathing now.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    My pleasure. That's one of the nice things about eBid the support team are always really helpful.

Now just remember not to hold your breath until it's sorted as it might be a while !

Am finding all this extremely amusing.

Several myths etc have been blown out of the water.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Am finding all this extremely amusing.

Several myths etc have been blown out of the water.
    Give it a few days and they will be replaced with new ones.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just checked for a couple of my items. Found three that were not there yesterday. One had the wrong store listed with it but hey that is OK. The other two were spot on! Glad to see ebid back on google! Thanks Mark and Gazza!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Give it a few days and they will be replaced with new ones.
    Give it a couple of weeks, they'll all be back.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Burn him! Heretic!!"

LOL! Too funny!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Get with the program Delta!

You are the chick telling all the nubes how to get on GS

Being on google web search is not comparable to GS

Virtually all of my electronics items have free shipping for additional items without a violation of GS TOS

"Pay no additional shipping and handling on additional items purchased from this store at the same time. Only the first S&H (highest) charge applies to combined purchases. You must wait for an invoice before paying to receive the discount"

"Free Shipping" is the bad text for them
    Terry, you get too excited about this stuff. ebid is back on google both shopping and general google and that is what we wanted. My items and my stores appeared back on google general searches last night. Whether spiders or not, everything is there and apparently that is how my customers come thru. Prior to that, nothing was showing, which is what we talked about last night.

You appear on both, I don't. Doesn't appear to make much difference and if you look at shopping, lots of us appear to be missing. i.e. Some of the bigger categories have only a few stores appearing in them.

I am not worried about it, I am just glad ebid is back on the searches and traffic has picked up. Will fool around with it later and see if it is worth changing, off to PO now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    Just checked for a couple of my items. Found three that were not there yesterday. One had the wrong store listed with it but hey that is OK. The other two were spot on! Glad to see ebid back on google! Thanks Mark and Gazza!!!
    Me too. I am back on all the general google searches, everything is correct, and traffic has picked up considerably last night and this morning! I will just have to decide if I want to make changes to go on shopping or not, may not be worth taking out a few words in the description if all my items are on google anyway. My buyers are using the general searches it appears.

Whatever the guys did, it worked, and worked fast! I am sure they lost sleep over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    How much interest does google shopping generate in reality?.It's handy (bit like Tescos "every little helps") but I don't think its the be all and end all that some seem to think it is.
    That is my thought too as all the ebid items/stores also show up on google general searches anyway. But the format is different. The purpose of shopping seems to be to give buyers lots of choices from same buyer which is how the other search engine works that ebid uses. General google searches show only one item from each buyer so shows a broader search for individual items. My buyers seem to search generally, and I do too when looking for pricing but not that handy for that.

Kind of exciting few days but back to work! All the nay sayers are out, I think there is talk of hangin' you high partner!!! Will have to send Clint out to help you if you feel in danger.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    All the nay sayers are out, I think there is talk of hangin' you high partner!!! Will have to send Clint out to help you if you feel in danger.
    Point of order. I think you'll find the only person who's shown any signs of wreaking havoc upon his person is me*... and I was agreeing with him, as you'll see if you read both lines of my post. I've no idea who you're referring to as "nay sayers" mind you, so perhaps I've missed some lynch mob elsewhere!

*and I demand first dibs, fair's fair.

Thread Information