View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Shrinking google shopping exposure

Of 936 elligible items in one of my stores, only 227 show on GS

In a store with 104 items ONE shows

In a store with 209 items 43 show

115 out 500 other nonstore items show - about 75% of those should be elligible

These numbers seem to be declining daily
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

G&M must be out trick or treating
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

According to a google exec on public radio, google makes sorting/sifting/displaying changes every few months. Looks like they made one recently. Results for searches come up kind of weird. I looked up a few crochet vintage items and added ebid, and got all the same ebid seller's items, page after page of Grandma something stuff. This was never done before, all of us got just one listing if we had similiar items.

Searches are slightly off too, not very accurate. If I look up vintage crochet bedspread ebid, I get some books, that is ok, but then a bunch of crochet items that are not bedspreads. and of course nothing of mine shows. And when ebid items show, it is all the same person, Grandma something. In every category I try.

Obviously this is not supposed to be how the google searches work. It is going to wear the buyers down to go thru page after page of these listings, and not get what they asked for, i.e. asking for "vintage crochet runners ebid" turns up some books for crocheting bedspreads from ebid grandma whatever. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I bet their latest changes just are not working right and have not since members started to notice this week. My sales were slow, but it is holiday weekend, yet I did have a big sale from a new buyer today. And several a few days ago. So some are getting thru, but not sure if these two new ones came in on google. Just assumed they did.

The boys will have to discuss this with google. Google must realize something is up, probably has gotten buyer complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    Let's hope they get home soon. As the holiday shopping has already started it is imperative that this glitch gets straightened out!
    Nature, did you go in google and attempt to pull up your items? When I did, the searches made no sense, see below. Did you get about what I did when you went on google?

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it has on a low cut top or high cut bottom with plenty of skin showing it will get top of search everytime!! Looks like their new priorities are not with us sellers. Or if it has bay at the end it gets line after line!

Would you believe now my Vintage crochet bedspread (2 of them) come out on top. I take back my complaint. Maybe they are in process of fixing it. doesn't the listings look different now?

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    Delta please check the thread I stated about something weird going on with google. you will see my search results! Google Search Results!! Way Messed Up!!!
    Try again, it is now working like it did before! Nice mixed listings, of course I got two of the top ones, but who cares, eh? Search again and see what happens.

Thread Information