Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want to leave ebay HAD ENOUGH!

Hi findwatches,

when I click your user name, I get this information: No Details Added about this User Yet.
    Tell everyone about yourself, why you're here, what you sell, what are your shipping costs etc.

As a start why not add some helpful info about yourself/business.

happy buying and selling all
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd try ditching the run till sold as well,those items will remain at the bottom of anyones search and they'll probably never see them.

Lots of great advice here, but mostly targetted at the regular sellers of specific categories.

Any advice for the hobbyist, just gradually clearing out a lifetime's squirreling and hoping that there'll be interest in a few items rather than chucking it all in landfill? My success on eBid has actually diminished considerably in recent years, despite getting good feedback (and well deserved I might add, at risk of being thought biassed!).

And it's not that my items are all utter junk -- occasionally I spot free listing days on feeBay and I then have quite good success.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 23rd November 2010 at 06:37 PM.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Lots of great advice here, but mostly targetted at the regular sellers of specific categories.

Any advice for the hobbyist, just gradually clearing out a lifetime's squirreling and hoping that there'll be interest in a few items rather than chucking it all in landfill? My success on eBid has actually diminished considerably in recent years, despite getting good feedback (and well deserved I might add, at risk of being thought biassed!).

And it's not that my items are all utter junk -- occasionally I spot free listing days on feeBay and I then have quite good success.
    I suppose many people would like the answer to that.
    With a fairly high life time member fee I wonder if ebay is the place the the casual seller who just wants to get rid of some clutter etc.

The only answer to your problem is to get ebid known as the place to browse for good bargains.
    How that can be done with no marketing budget I do not know.
    I someone knew the answer to that question, they would be very rich.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, I'm new around here but have found your conversation and site comparisons interesting. I am fairly new to ebay too (not quite 3 months). My 1st attempt on here was zilch! Ebay has been very successful for me though and right from my 1st attempt.
    To counter the negative effect of ebid zilch (if it hadn't been for my success on ebay I would have quit ebid already!) I decided to take the plunge and try some unique stuff - by listing stuff that no-one has on ebay then surely that would bring attention to ebid? Proof's in the pudding - early days I hear you say? By the way, this is the 1st post I have ever done so please be gentle with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Findwatches View Post
    I joined (again) a few weeks ago and opted for the monthly offer. I have a large store on Ebay and it is very busy, the same store on Ebid so far has resulted in nothing!

Our own named store is also very busy as is our Amazon outlet, so what is going wrong here? It is probably what I have done or not done. but what?

Any positive comments would be appreciated.
    Your All About the Seller looks better, but I think you might remove the names of the other auction sites. I'm sure if they're prohibited in the form you've listed them, but I know it's frowned upon to publicize other venues.

Also, you may want to consider offering to U.S. buyers, eBid is growing rapidly here.

Forum Newbie
    View colinspicer's Feedback (+76)
    All-About colinspicer
    View colinspicer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Findwatches View Post
    I joined (again) a few weeks ago and opted for the monthly offer. I have a large store on Ebay and it is very busy, the same store on Ebid so far has resulted in nothing!

Our own named store is also very busy as is our Amazon outlet, so what is going wrong here? It is probably what I have done or not done. but what?

Any positive comments would be appreciated.
    Nice to see another Island seller here. Good luck!

Hmmmmm...... You on the HI forum?

People here keep wondering why there isn't more activity, more buyers.

OK, let me get specific. Suppose I want 6 rolls of clear parcel tape (2" wide by 66m). Let me look here on ebid. Best price 5.45, including postage. Grand, no shortage of what I want then.

Now I go and look on feeBay. Masses of sellers. Best price 4.69. So which am I going to buy? You do the maths, not hard, is it?

And yet I constantly see in the forums all these smug sellers saying how they can offer cheaper prices because ebid's fees are more modest (which, as a seller, I agree, they certainly are).

As a (wannabe-)buyer here, I regularly find this situation, so much so that I now rarely bother to search here except for items that seem so likely to be available (like parcel tape) that I still desperately hope for competitive deals. Prices here do not need to beat the competition, a match would be sufficient for me to choose ebid over other venues.

What's the solution?

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    Tytherleighaxminster, Devon, United Kingdom
    View sumnites's Feedback (+21)
    All-About sumnites
    View sumnites's Listings
    Forum Posts

I list in 3 places now and had high hopes for ebid resurgence (ignore adult products..when/if they ever go i will feel 'cleansed' loll)...but despite some being cheaper elsewhere and several page views no buying as yet but the same things are selling on feebay for more so hard to work out. Knowing stuff has to be shifted quick to catch this Xmas its hard to encourage a mass switch over. Locations may play a part too, not sure if USA has a higher profile for ebid so maybe a better call than in the UK. Am now considering lowering prices here further, may trial a couple of items but i kinda know what the result will be already unfortunately.
    My advice if you can list in various locations still do so, 'Free' listing for life still costs 2% if you want a gallery pic, and accept that you have to invest to make returns as days of internet charity are over. If the 'offer' subscription sounds high your business model may have to stay elsewhere to guarantee 'fingerfall'

Quote Originally Posted by sumnites View Post
    ...Locations may play a part too, not sure if USA has a higher profile for ebid so maybe a better call than in the UK.
    I'm not sure either, but it's an interesting thought that had never crossed my mind. I'd assumed that, since eBid started in the UK and took several years before going international, it would be higher profile here. No logic to that though. Advertising has largely been viral, I think... maybe Americans are better at getting the word out?

...'Free' listing for life still costs 2% if you want a gallery pic,
    Sure it does, but that's FINAL value fee, and is one heck of a lot less than being gouged by feebay for 10%. I don't resent that 2% at all, I regard it as very modest way of supporting the site's considerable costs (hosting on multiple servers doesn't come cheap, having support people with brains/courtesy/caring doesn't come cheap). If that 2% were made voluntary I'd happily continue paying it. I don't spend much time agonising over my cost of sales, what I want is SALES!

Thread Information