Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want to leave ebay HAD ENOUGH!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I hope you decide to join us here at eBid jmdjbc! While it is true that at the present time you will most probably experience lower sales volume, for me it is well worth the peace of mind that I have selling here over feebay. Just wanted to wish you well, and hope that you decide to join us...you'll love it here!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmdjbc1 View Post
    I would love to take advantage of the seller+ offer, however I need to know if this is going to be a beneficial site before paying for it and then find out that it is not profitable or user friendly or has huge restrictions. I wanted to know if there is a trial period that I can take advantage of and then if all works in a business manner in whic I am seeking can I still take advantage of the seller+ offer?

i almost think that I am being pushed into taken this offer without knowing how it will work for me and if it will be a nightmare as ebay is......ugh.......I am hating ebay with a passion right about now, so need to find a new platform to work with and make sure it is what I want. Please advise if you can.

Sincerely
    Julia
    Before you proceed any further, you will need to remove all eBay references on your descriptions before the system deletes all of your listings.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftCloset View Post
    I just got wind of it today. Ebay is at 15% fees and Google is at 18%. They are charging what consignment stores charge, but they don't have to house and store everything.

I looked around ebid and see only a few sellers with lots of feedback. I don't like how they are a sunglasses icon next to new sellers that reads, "low feedback." These are new sellers and haven't sold anything yet.

So I decided to hold off on the $50 forever seller offer that expires in less than 24 hours. I figure they will offer it again OR $74 is okay with me at a later time if I deem this site profitable.

Just remember, they can disable your account for ANY reason and if you are new to this site, all beginners will make mistakes to learn the ropes.

Sincerely,
    The Gift Closet
    I have low feedback here because I have not brought my greedbay feedback with me.
    I paid the £49.99 seller plus and it has more than paid for itself. I cannot complain about eBid. yes it is a bit slow but so are the other sites at the moment.

About the disabling your account bit....
    Yes they can! They are hot on scammers and less than honest sellers. However don't worry if you are honest and play by the eBid rules.
    Those rules are there for a reason., to protect eBid's honest reputation.
    Everyone here has ONE ID.....A sensible precaution. Buyers know who they are dealing with and other sellers get to know you too.
    Any problems you encounter on eBid either as a seller or a buyer are dealt with bypeople not bots! I have had the occassional problem and a message to the Support team is dealt with very rapidly and on a personal level. They are good!!

If you are unsure go to the Kitchen Table Forum where you will get very honest opinions from a wide range of users.
    On this site you do have to work at promoting your sales... but this is good for you as it stops you from going "Stale".
    here sellers help each other. We don't slag each other off and try to mess up for sellers selling in similar categories.. yes! We get the occasional Troll but not often.
    I am happy to stay here.
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    I have low feedback here because I have not brought my greedbay feedback with me.
    I paid the £49.99 seller plus and it has more than paid for itself. I cannot complain about eBid. yes it is a bit slow but so are the other sites at the moment.

About the disabling your account bit....
    Yes they can! They are hot on scammers and less than honest sellers. However don't worry if you are honest and play by the eBid rules.
    Those rules are there for a reason., to protect eBid's honest reputation.
    Everyone here has ONE ID.....A sensible precaution. Buyers know who they are dealing with and other sellers get to know you too.
    Any problems you encounter on eBid either as a seller or a buyer are dealt with bypeople not bots! I have had the occassional problem and a message to the Support team is dealt with very rapidly and on a personal level. They are good!!

If you are unsure go to the Kitchen Table Forum where you will get very honest opinions from a wide range of users.
    On this site you do have to work at promoting your sales... but this is good for you as it stops you from going "Stale".
    here sellers help each other. We don't slag each other off and try to mess up for sellers selling in similar categories.. yes! We get the occasional Troll but not often.
    I am happy to stay here.
    This (in bold) I certainly made a huge difference. The response wasn't automated mumbo jumbo as on feebay! Good on ebid.... the personal touch wins every time!

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Can somebody help this this guy...??? !!!!!

P.S. Well I think we need now ''DELTA''...she know everything...and I think she can help as usuall...
    Now with that confidence in me, I have to do something! I will see what I can do!

I would love to take advantage of the seller+ offer, however I need to know if this is going to be a beneficial site before paying for it and then find out that it is not profitable or user friendly or has huge restrictions. I wanted to know if there is a trial period that I can take advantage of and then if all works in a business manner in whic I am seeking can I still take advantage of the seller+ offer?

i almost think that I am being pushed into taken this offer without knowing how it will work for me and if it will be a nightmare as ebay is......ugh.......I am hating ebay with a passion right about now, so need to find a new platform to work with and make sure it is what I want. Please advise if you can.

Sincerely
    Julia
    My tuppence worth.

Dip your toe in to test the water before diving in - and dont have all your eggs in one basket - especially if it is your livelihood at stake.

Sincerely
    Julia

Hi Julia, welcome to ebid.

Many of us had the same experiences or worse on the other side. Many of us were suspended for no reason, and lost so much $$$$$ dealing with that company. So we feel your pain.

Yes you can try it out. But the important thing about selling here is that YOU have to change. Selling is completely different here, different customer base, different methods of selling, and you will need to know ebid's rules, and to change your listings, your settings, your amount you list, everything in order to sell here. Don't rush into it.

Once you make those changes, you will be successful here, but you must be committed to making changes. Even if you were successful on fleebay, those skills do not necessarily transfer here. Here you are dealing with almost all outside buyers, who shop all over the web, not a closed group of buyers/sellers like on fleebay.They spot our items on google, follow them in and buy.

Good place to start is to look up our member Craig who has a check list he put together on the changes/tips/suggestions you should make so that you will be successful here. Do all those things and within a few weeks you will start to sell here. If you just bring your fleebay listings and terms over, the google shoppers won't like it and will not buy.

No one is pushing you into taking advantage of that offer. it will not do you any good to take up that offer if you do not intend to make changes and sell differently here. If you don't want to take the time to rewrite your listings, make sure your settings are correct so your items are downloaded to google, you won't be successful there anyway. No matter how long you wait and look around. It is getting those details right that makes your items so tempting that google people follow them into ebid and buy them.

So I would suggest that you start to look around, read the forums, shop for items, see where your items would fit into the categories, look at the competition in your categories (some areas are more wide open than others) and figure out a stratagy to use, and contact any of us privately via private messages, if you have questions. its good to look around first, make the decision and then start the hard work of setting up and selling.

Big difference here is that all the sellers work together to help new sellers get started. Big difference from the other side. We know you need to get up and running fast, selling quickly, and we know how to do that. We did that when we joined and past the information on gladly. It makes ebid successful for you to do well right away. And many are experienced with different types of items, so someone is always here to help you fine tune your selling. We have collectable people here, jewelry, stamps, coins, records, whatever, and the expertise to help you sell your special items.

So take your time, look around, and come back with any questions you have. We are here to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftCloset View Post
    I just got wind of it today. Ebay is at 15% fees and Google is at 18%. They are charging what consignment stores charge, but they don't have to house and store everything.

I looked around ebid and see only a few sellers with lots of feedback. I don't like how they are a sunglasses icon next to new sellers that reads, "low feedback." These are new sellers and haven't sold anything yet.

So I decided to hold off on the $50 forever seller offer that expires in less than 24 hours. I figure they will offer it again OR $74 is okay with me at a later time if I deem this site profitable.

Just remember, they can disable your account for ANY reason and if you are new to this site, all beginners will make mistakes to learn the ropes.

Sincerely,
    The Gift Closet

Of course that is true, any seller can be put out of business if they break the rules. Difference here, the rules are posted, solid, no tricks or new rules slipped in. If ebid says you can't sell such-and-such, that is the never changing rule. No waiting until you put 500 such-and-suchs on and find out they changed their mind. So check out the forbidden list, remembering that ebid is UK based, so some things such as knives are not allowed.

Yes, you can join later if you think ebid is a good fit for you.

First spend the day checking out buyers who sell like items, check out the forbidden list, check out Craig's checklist of changes/tips/suggestions for selling successfully here. Look at Julia's answer, that applies to you too. You need to be committed to making changes so that your items appeal to our whole new group of buyers from google.

Here the customer base is bigger, and you control how you present your listings, to appeal to them. You can also bring your old buyers over (earning buddy points), and work out your own marketing strategies (linking your website to your ebid stores, which will bring in some of that traffic). Here if you find your items are not moving, or you don't stand out from similiar things, you are free to make changes, be it terms, price changes, etc to help the situation. The playing field is level here, and that takes some getting used to. Your auction items start near bottom of list and move steadily to the top when auction expires. No reshuffling because of feedback or rules ebid makes concerning how many people see your items, or how many items you are allowed to list at once. None of that here. All the rules ebid apply to EVERYONE. No one is privileged character that can pay less fees and have their items appear ahead of yours. Nor can your items sink to bottom of listing and stay there. Does not happen here.

Also, you will not see ebid issuing second accounts to sellers. Not allowed, that can be used to bid on own items, or to buy a competitor's stuff and then negging them to get them suspended. You know where that is going on unchecked! Fair and equal playing field. No tricks.

And every person buyer or seller is allowed to issue any kind of feedback. No not letting sellers give nonpayers negatives. And all the feedback is reversable. You present your case to ebid support and the negs from non payers are taken off. Fair and equal playing field. No tricks.

As you compare, keep in mind this is not fleebay. We stock many items because that works best on google (it actually generates sales), and of course we pay no listing/relisting fees so why not put all our inventory on ebid? So you will see we all have lots of items for sale, but no bids appear here, and since most of ours are buy it nows, that does not appear either. You can determine how much we sell by asking, by looking at our ebid feedback and comparing it to when we joined. I have daily sales, at least 5, and keep approximately 800 items in stock. I add daily. I joined two years ago, and have probably had at least 1800 to 2000 sales, although my feedback is at 853 or something. Lots of people don't leave feedback.

See answer to Julia, check out the site, check out who is selling similiar items as yours, work out a little strategy to make your items stand out, read Craig's checklist of things you need to pay attention to or change in order to sell here. Read ebid's rules on forbidden items (Craig has a few of the important ones on list). And then make your decision.

ebid is the #1 alternative online auction site. We are growing every month. We need good sellers here to attract those google shoppers to come in and have a look, and add variety to the site. We are here to help every seller get started (quite a change eh?). If you have questions or need help, just ask here, or send a private message to anyone of us.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totally agree with those last two messages, you really do get back what you put in.
    And you really do find that people here are helpful. It is kind of refreshing after feebay when you see someone write to some seller asking a question about their none sales "you sell the same as me, have you tried this?" On feebay it is more a case of you sell the same as me so how do I use the ebay rules to get rid of you.

Good replies Delta.

Default ebay vs ebid

Gud queston ! If ebid charges 49 bucks one time fee for life membership , what happens if down the road I get suspended for whatever reason!!!
    Becoz silly feebay suspended me for SNP when I have 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!! I had 2 neutrals (left by same person) & 1 negative which was later removed !! So basically I am still at 100% PoSITIVE in feebay! Neutrals were removed becoz the buyer left a follow-up saying pls revise to positive. Still the 30 day suspension remains ! What if ebid turns out to be like feebay down the road?

Thread Information