Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: BRAND NEW Apple iPad 64 Gb Wi-Fi 3G

Forum Newbie
    All-About sgm2000
    View sgm2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry BRAND NEW Apple iPad 64 Gb Wi-Fi 3G

I bought this Ipad to username tekjames7 last 3rd of September 2010 and deposited the money on the 4th September 2010 and it is 5 weeks now and I still never receive the items. I am not happy at all...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm2000 View Post
    I bought this Ipad to username tekjames7 last 3rd of September 2010 and deposited the money on the 4th September 2010 and it is 5 weeks now and I still never receive the items. I am not happy at all...
    Oh dear, I think you've been scammed. This is a problem particularly with high-tech high-price items, on all online selling sites. I hope you had the good sense to pay by a secure method so you can get your money back. It's essential that people protect themselves on all sites by being sensible about who they buy from, and how they pay. That's why I wrote this: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%26%2310047%3B Good luck getting it sorted out.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sgm2000
    View sgm2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry BRAND NEW Apple iPad 64 Gb Wi-Fi 3G

I sent 4 emails to this seller and if he does not response I will call the police and report this person.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you contacted Admin Support yet? If not, I'd recommend doing so immediately. I also hope you paid by a secure method as Kim stated...if you paid via PayPal, get a dispute started asap.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sgm2000
    View sgm2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Have you contacted Admin Support yet? If not, I'd recommend doing so immediately. I also hope you paid by a secure method as Kim stated...if you paid via PayPal, get a dispute started asap.
    NO, I never contacted the admin support yet ...I will, all I want is this person phone number I know where he lives because he put his address on the description of the product and his bank account details. This person need to go to jail because what he did is not good and it is a fraud. I hope it will sort out very soon.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you checked the seller"s feedback?
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...ting&type=feed

The seller also has a strike through their name.

If you did pay with Credit Card via Paypal I believe their is a 45 day limit on refunds and 35 days have past already for you. If it was me I would go directly to my CC company and get a chargeback asap.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Have you checked the seller"s feedback?
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...ting&type=feed

The seller also has a strike through their name.

If you did pay with Credit Card via Paypal I believe their is a 45 day limit on refunds and 35 days have past already for you. If it was me I would go directly to my CC company and get a chargeback asap.
    ...dead thread from October and still haven't contacted Admin? At any rate, the terms of sale were clearly stated as "ALL payments to be made via Bank Transfer as is quickest and easiest method as this present time.(Paypal will be available very soon.) DO NOT BID OTHERWISE". OP states "deposited the money on the 4th September 2010" obviously indicating some form of funds transfer. The picure is murky to me on this whole thing as this was a multi-item auction with a quantity of 5 available to a total of 4 bidders. Meaning the winning bidder, OP, got the first item with 3 others having the option of taking delivery and all bidders paying based on the losing bidders offer. Of those 4 only 1, the losing bidder janetjane, posted any feedback experience (see below) and this bidder's 'About Me' page indicates they only just joined eBid on 08/31/2010 ... the same date this listing closed. Does any of this seem strange to anyone else besides me??

Name:  Feedback_History_31121998.png
Views: 102
Size:  37.6 KB
    Name:  Bid_History_31121998.png
Views: 94
Size:  41.2 KB

In any case and assuming all is on the up and up here, OP could do as you've said and follow through with your local law enforcement to see what recourses are available to you. You could also contact janetjane since you both seem to share the same experience and losses to see what they have done or might be considering doing.
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

People are so silly,99.95 of the time items like this at a fraction of the cost of the retail price will be a scam.....stupid,greedy I don't know buyers please think before sending any of your hard earned dosh to these scammers.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    People are so silly,99.95 of the time items like this at a fraction of the cost of the retail price will be a scam.....stupid,greedy I don't know buyers please think before sending any of your hard earned dosh to these scammers.
    People are so silly? It's easy to be wise after the event, patronising even. Sometimes amazing deals come up, entirely genuine. For example earlier this year there was a device called the Joggler, originally about 200 quid, selling for 49.99, because, as far as I can make out, it has been poorly marketed.

But certainly on auction sites one should learn to spot the signs and be cautious. Indeed, that suggestion by TreasureLoft, to contact janetjane -- yes, good suggestion, but keep in mind that janetjane may be part of the scam, a shill bidder. So if she says "I received mine very promptly, very happy with it, I suggest you send a reminder to the seller and wait patiently", you might just want to take that with a pinch of salt! But if she has also been scammed, it's useful to coordinate your reports when contacting police, trading standards, etc.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information