eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have we got any real variety and choice in Non Fiction listings?

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too have a wide selection of books with almost 200 listed. Mine are almost all hardback, older books in good to excellent condition. I sell a few but it is slow. One is ready to send out tomorrow, sure wish I could say that more often.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a good hard look at all my books across all sites.
    There are some 'KEY' Area's to consider.
    Browsing
    for example. I intend to expand and upgrade the quality of non fiction books I offer on ebid.
    The reason is simple; when someone drops into my virtual shop I need to keep their interest for as long as possible.
    They may not find what the 'WERE' looking for. But the might just find something they 'WER'NT' looking for.
    Result a sale due to browsing interest.

Postage & Packing:

I will now charge for the 'ACTUAL' postage cost. I explain that I measure and weigh each item before selecting the appropriate rate. I also show a pic from the post office leaflet showing the rate and price highlighted.

Nobody can beat me on postage on ebid WITHOUT losing out on the deal.

descriptions: It's important to offer up as good a description as possible about the 'CONTENT' of a book. It's way more important than 'CONDITION' to a reader. Conversley it's the other way round with a collector.

BUYING TO SELL If you can't buy competitively, dont even think about it - The competition in run of the mill fiction paperbacks is fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I've had a good hard look at all my books across all sites.
    There are some 'KEY' Area's to consider.
    Browsing
    for example. I intend to expand and upgrade the quality of non fiction books I offer on ebid.
    The reason is simple; when someone drops into my virtual shop I need to keep their interest for as long as possible.
    They may not find what the 'WERE' looking for. But the might just find something they 'WER'NT' looking for.
    Result a sale due to browsing interest.

Postage & Packing:

I will now charge for the 'ACTUAL' postage cost. I explain that I measure and weigh each item before selecting the appropriate rate. I also show a pic from the post office leaflet showing the rate and price highlighted.

Nobody can beat me on postage on ebid WITHOUT losing out on the deal.

descriptions: It's important to offer up as good a description as possible about the 'CONTENT' of a book. It's way more important than 'CONDITION' to a reader. Conversley it's the other way round with a collector.

BUYING TO SELL If you can't buy competitively, dont even think about it - The competition in run of the mill fiction paperbacks is fierce.
    I've no real interest in non-fiction books so only have a few listed and won't be adding anymore unless it is for the library.
    Not sure how many more of them they have to get rid of, they are all sitting in boxes under tables as they are not allowed to have them on show.

There certainly needs to be more fiction added. If I find an author I like I will buy all of their books especially if it is a series so I can read it in order. I've quite a few series that need to be completed but sadly most of the books I am looking for are not up for sale here.

As for postage, I've been gradually changing all my listings to cost price, only rounding up or down to the nearest 0 or 5p.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

None of the books fit into my Kindle.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    None of the books fit into my Kindle.
    Only cos we're not allowed to sell the ones that do.

(Okay, that's a fib, I haven't got an e-books anyway!)

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Only cos we're not allowed to sell the ones that do.

(Okay, that's a fib, I haven't got an e-books anyway!)
    Thats alright. I lied too. I ain't got a Kindle, yet
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

I have over 350 listings now with at least the same amount to list still. Sales have dropped to zero again I plan on finishing the listings though. What I ave sold have been pretty scarce books on interesting topics. The shipping within Canada is an absolute killer. I just hope people can tell that they should contact me for a postage quote as the postage is much cheaper to ship to most places in the usa compared to Canada. Just put a bunch more up last night. Got some really cool books about hell, aliens, satanists, atlantis etc to list in the next day or so.
    Pink Panther, I can only see 4 of your auctions btw.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by achickwithstuff View Post
    I have over 350 listings now with at least the same amount to list still. Sales have dropped to zero again I plan on finishing the listings though. What I ave sold have been pretty scarce books on interesting topics. The shipping within Canada is an absolute killer. I just hope people can tell that they should contact me for a postage quote as the postage is much cheaper to ship to most places in the usa compared to Canada. Just put a bunch more up last night. Got some really cool books about hell, aliens, satanists, atlantis etc to list in the next day or so.
    Pink Panther, I can only see 4 of your auctions btw.
    I have 95 auctions (I closed a couple of hundred) I have at least 300 books to list - sadley most will be for the domesic UK market because of postage rates. I see no sense in offering abroad - If you do see my listings and are interested, then by all means contact me.

My strategy is two pronged:
    To sell ordinary fiction in bundles that max out the postage charged, ie if they charge for 500g then I'll send very near 500g of books. This usually equates to 2 books!

The other thing is to offer good quality interesting books - I'm investing quite hard in that area with my time and effort (not to mention cash)

Added to that I take advantage of the Bay's free listings and I use the river. I consider it all part of the same operation - Selling books.

I also have faith in ebid - It will become a virtual Haye 0n Wye (that's a town in UK crammed full with bookshops & famed the world over) The more booksellers and interesting books the better I say.

Cometition? Bring it on - it's healthy an keeps yer mean an lean.

Thread Information