My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gazza - Was & Now prices.

Default Gazza - Was & Now prices.

Just asked in the Kitchen Table about the possibility to have implemented on Buy it Now the ability to have an area where it show's the Original Price of an item and the new price of an item like they have in shops and on internet shopping and was wondering if it would be possible for eBid to get this idea implemented onto eBid. (see example picture)

Basically the idea would be so that potential buyers can see before they click the pictures or the link what the original price is and what the discounted price would be, this in return could produce more buyers and maybe more sellers in joining eBid and making eBid more stronger when it comes to advertising by word of mouth.

This is the example picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Bump incase it gets lost
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Craig,

Do you mean from the RRP or from a previous price you were selling at?
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

The idea would be from the previous price that we had the item selling at.

The idea would be so that potential buyers who are watching the item(s) could see what the price was when they started watching and what the price is now, or where new buyers who join eBid or have been part of eBid could see that we were selling something at £xx.xx and the new price is £xx.xx. From the information I've read from the Kitchen table members of eBid think it could be a good idea and it could help promote eBid alot more.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

I think it will be a bad idea for eBid

There is some legal things that have to happen before a seller can say was and now, I believe it has to be on sale for 28 days at the higher price before it can be sold at a lower price with the higher price crossed through. People that don't do it can get eBid into trouble just like e*ay did a few months back for misleading buyers.

I also believe that a "sale price" needs to have an expiry date
    The seller will have to prove as well that said item was on sale at a higher price for 28 days

Having said the above, I have not looked into the legal side fully and think that eBid would have to before introduced and make sellers abide with the law

Good point. Most US states do not allow "bait & switch", playing games temporarily w/ prices to attract buyers. This might have been what happened on feebay?

But my state does not require items be at one price for a time period, b4 markdown. Here many stores bring is new stock, mark it down for a weekend sale and then jack up the price again. So can't be illegal, at least not here (but each US state has its own consumer protection laws).

Craig's example is a permanent markdown. BIN was such-and-such and now will be lowered to another price until the item sells or gets marked lower. Not sure that scenerio is bait & switch or playing games w/ prices on new items to fool buyer. It would not be illegal in my state, but I am one of 50, so can not speak for everyone. Does UK consumer law prohibits that practice?

My website, which is offered worldwide allows us to mark an item down permanently. It shows up with a cross out, right in the listing and in the summation. Nice feature, I never used it, so can't say if it helps sales or not. On ebid, we can mark down items now, and no one is the wiser. With this feature, the adjustment would be recorded and might get buyer attention.

Might be a nice feature to have if it is easy to implement and is not against any consumer laws.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Good point. Most US states do not allow "bait & switch", playing games temporarily w/ prices to attract buyers. This might have been what happened on feebay?

But my state does not require items be at one price for a time period, b4 markdown. Here many stores bring is new stock, mark it down for a weekend sale and then jack up the price again. So can't be illegal, at least not here (but each US state has its own consumer protection laws).
    Whilst I agree in part with what you say, the main thing is that eBid is a UK company, and as such will have to abide by UK laws before any other thing can happen

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    The idea would be from the previous price that we had the item selling at.

The idea would be so that potential buyers who are watching the item(s) could see what the price was when they started watching and what the price is now, or where new buyers who join eBid or have been part of eBid could see that we were selling something at £xx.xx and the new price is £xx.xx. From the information I've read from the Kitchen table members of eBid think it could be a good idea and it could help promote eBid alot more.

================================================== =================================

Hello Craig , I have looked at your post on the KT and checked the vote on your poll ...there is only 2 votes I can see....1 for and 1 against....sorry and 6 not sure.....this would not make me think the members like the idea......
    sorry Craig , just my opinion , but it is an auction site when all is said and done......papa.

Thread Information