My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A set that's not a set Advice

Question A set that's not a set Advice

Just acquired some C S Lewis books (around 50 or so)

They are the small paperback type, and there is 7 to a set.

However, I am unable to list them as correct sets as they have various styles and they are different editions.

When I have had these in the past they have always been box sets, and sold quickly.

So would it be acceptable to list as full set, but then make clear in first paragraph what the editions for each book is?

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bet if you have "set" in the title someone is going to buy them thinking it is a set. People often skim the descriptions if they read them at all. I don't know about book selling so my suggestion may not be practical but what about "Mixed Set" in the title - or something that would make the buyer read the description?

I have to do that with jewelry. If the piece isn't perfect, I have to put "as is" or "for repair" or "for crafts" in the title because they won't read the description.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I bet if you have "set" in the title someone is going to buy them thinking it is a set. People often skim the descriptions if they read them at all. I don't know about book selling so my suggestion may not be practical but what about "Mixed Set" in the title - or something that would make the buyer read the description?

I have to do that with jewelry. If the piece isn't perfect, I have to put "as is" or "for repair" or "for crafts" in the title because they won't read the description.
    I'll be happy with "mixed set" in title

When they don't match I list them separately.. cover 1, cover 2 etc for each title... you can always offer discount on P&P etc...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    When they don't match I list them separately.. cover 1, cover 2 etc for each title... you can always offer discount on P&P etc...
    I already do offer discount on P&P,

I was just thinking that from past experience on these books would a set / mixed set be better together than separate, and would it be an issue if they were not the same editions.

Example, 1 of the sets, I have 5 books that are the same edition (19TH) 1 which is the 21ST and one that is the 17TH

Hi Sarah,

perhaps "collection" would do instead, Then in description explain in more detail.

Worth a try.

I stopped listing these individually because there are so many about.

Cheers Mel

Thread Information