Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Urgent tips wanted - travelling to india

Default Urgent tips wanted - travelling to india

Hey folks...

I am travelling to India mid January 2011 for 6 weeks. Starting Mumbai, touring North India then finishing off with Goa. I am being quoted ridiculous prices by travel agents here. i don't want a scheduled tour but i don't want to go back-packing either and leave everything to chance. I want a tour to do/go where and when I want but I was to make some plans from home before I travel.

Therefore if there are any seasoned travellers who've been there, is it easy to stop at a hotel .. say Delhi.. and ask them to organise a car/driver tour for you? Is it cheaper? is it trustworthy? Any tips / suggestions will be greatfully received.

Yippeee... i've found what I wanted. Thanks Jan... It took a little digging but there is a lot of good info and tips on virtual tourist.
    i have been pulling my hair out for days googling and talking to TAs... and only 3 months to go before i step onto the plane.
    So... it was worth looking on here for some tips and great that Gazza put a dedicated category in.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad you like it. I've been a member for about 8 years now and VT is THE place for up to date info and help from others.

A non-travel question for you Jan. II've just been looking through your stores....Do you get buyers for the National Georgraphic megazine? I ask because I have a hugh box of 'Times' (I think that's what they are) megazines from the late 80's sititng in my loft. I was thinking of chucking them into the recycle bin.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrswilliam View Post
    A non-travel question for you Jan. II've just been looking through your stores....Do you get buyers for the National Georgraphic megazine? I ask because I have a hugh box of 'Times' (I think that's what they are) megazines from the late 80's sititng in my loft. I was thinking of chucking them into the recycle bin.
    I get the occasional buyer once in a while but they are selling very slow. I'd give it a go if I were you, can't hurt and won't cost you to list anyway. It always amazes me what people are looking for.

Forum Newbie
    View fashiondiya's Feedback (+13)
    All-About fashiondiya
    View fashiondiya's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Just read your message regarding visit to India. We have been visiting India for last 6 years always going different places. I know you have found enoug info but this might help. we got travel agent in Delhi. He is very good, he does all our booking. I am send you his e-mail - Njain_2@hotmail.com - he will give you all the advise and help you need. If you want to know anything please feel free to get intounch my e-mail is fashiondiya@hotmail.co.uk - if you do get intouch with him mention my name to him and he will give to good deals
    Hope this is helpful.

Fashiondiya (Satish Malhotra.)

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

most of my friends go to goa

Thanks Fashiondiya
    Alas... i had already made my booking by the time your message arrived. I am using an indian based travel company. I checked them out and have had some good feedback so I am really looking forward to my trip in January.

Thread Information