eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How Is Your Buying Coming Along?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Sorry guys - the handcuffs & jail aren't working. Just bought another 3 items from 2 sellers - both already in the 24 tally so no increase on sellers count. I've got bids on 4 itrms involving 4 sellers - 1 of which is in the 24 tally. Will keep you posted.
    Oh Babs, no need to be sorry.............your sellers must be about as happy as sellers can be......even on the #1 alternative site that sales never happen on. :-) I've updated your totals with 0/3 (3 items).

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went back in to confirm tally count using 1) verbal updates from buyers reporting today; 2) feedback review of non-reporters today (picked up 3 sellers & 9 items additionally); 3) paper totals; and 4) post #1 tally totals (noting any discrepancies between paper/post totals. Update to post #1 will include adding 2 sellers (total = 61) + adding 10 items (total = 153) as of this post. Note: discrepancies found between paper & post #1 tallies was factored in (-1 on sellers/+1 on items).

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has been a few days into October, so I will post results for the top 3 eBid buyers idenified in September.Congratulations Babs for coming in at first place for most active eBid buyer of 69 items from 23 different eBid sellers. Awesome. Her Majesty came in second place as an active eBid buyer of 34 items from 11 different eBid sellers. Congrats on a great job. Burgyeb came in third place as an active eBid buyer of 14 items from 7 different eBid sellers. Congrats you. Thank you to all buyers who reported purchasing activity for Septeber 2010. A total of 12 buyers reported purchasing 153 items from 61 different eBid sellers. Way to go! :-)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Um...

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks a promotional thread advertising the presence of just twelve buyers might be self-defeating? I know this is a positive and well-meant initiative, but I'm concerned that the lack of pick-up means it's not really doing what was intended - far from it. What do others think? Happy to be told I'm wrong. *grin*

You are never wrong Kim

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I agree. I also groan when I see threads saying yippee! I've sold an item.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Twelve isn't much, is it? But ya gotta admit I'm holding up my end of the deal. Haven't gotten feedback for all my sales, tho, so that's a bit of a bummer.......worse things happen at sea. I don't understand how this tally is done.....is it only people who respond on this thread? There have got to be TONS of buyers, as there are TONS of sellers I've never heard of or searched out. Usually I only look for things I want, not just browse.......
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I thought it was a bad thread from the start, it's going to be picked up by google and spread over the net making it look like ebid only has a few buyers and sold 153 items in a month, I think it should be taken off.............well thats what it looks like to me and its just my opinion so don't shout.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I thought it was a bad thread from the start, it's going to be picked up by google and spread over the net making it look like ebid only has a few buyers and sold 153 items in a month, I think it should be taken off.............well thats what it looks like to me and its just my opinion so don't shout.
    Don't worry Buttons, if anybody gets shouted at it will be me - I'm usually the first one to have my bravery over-take my sense, and stick my head above the parapet. *grin* I appreciate all the people who've piled in and agreed with me, thanks. And I must stress I *do* appreciate the good intentions of the original poster, and those who've chosen to take part - I just don't think it can work as intended, alas.

Thread Information