Thread: Anyone know anything about Brass photo frames and stands

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Anyone know anything about Brass photo frames and stands

Anyone have any info on these two brass photo frames a brass stand and a doorknob?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_4570.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_4564.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_4581.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...e/000_0227.jpg

The frames don't have any glass in, But I could possibly replace it if that affected their sale. They used to have glass but we have had them stored in a draw for ages.

Thanks for any help

Don't know much but brass frames, but those are beautiful!. Do you know how old they are or if they are reproductions?

I don't think glass matters, it is so hard to ship with glass. You can always just make an allowance in the price for the buyer replacing the glass. For things like needlework, glass is not used, so might not make any difference at all if buyer is going to use it for something other than photos.

The doorknob looks so new, with the pressbutton in center. Not sure about the value on that one either. Sorry, some brass expert is sure to come along.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the reply

Not sure how old they are or much about them. We bought them some years ago from a bootsale, used them for a while and then they got left in a draw, where the glass was broken. So figured I may as well move them on.
    Just working out value when there is only one other on google I can find that is anything like them is a bit of a pain.

So hoped someone would know more about them than I do or give me an idea what to look for when trying to work out age.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've got some similar. I think they're made in Italy. Vintage maybe (depending on your definition of vintage). Possibly still being made. Nice quality! I've often looked at the ones I have (left in the cellar with a pile of other frames) and thought they should be worth something. Not sure they are though.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I've got some similar. I think they're made in Italy. Vintage maybe (depending on your definition of vintage). Possibly still being made. Nice quality! I've often looked at the ones I have (left in the cellar with a pile of other frames) and thought they should be worth something. Not sure they are though.
    Makes sense. Back probably says that in some way that an expert can catch. The one I sold had old stamped info and back fasteners were really old style. Usually the back fasteners give it away, whether repro or real. Maybe OP can show us the back, it may help someone recognize it?

Thread Information