Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: eBid has gone all weird

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Oh dear I see what you were all talking about now.

Things have been alright on Internet Explorer but I've just had a blip where I couldn't get into ebid on IE so went across to Firefox.

Everything settled down once I refreshed the page but is it just me or are everybodies photos on the about me pages crooked ?

Mine seems to be tilting to the left dispite refreshing the page and I just looked at Raindropsies and she is at a jaunty angle too ! What is everybody else seeing on the about me pages using Firefox please ?
    Good heavens, girl! You're finally seeing them the right way. The jaunty angle has been there on decent browsers since the big redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Good heavens, girl! You're finally seeing them the right way. The jaunty angle has been there on decent browsers since the big redesign.
    Are you being serious ?! I was beginning to feel seasick - glad I'm on Internet Explorer otherwise I could get a crick in my neck !

As for decent browsers, cough,cough, .... let me see which one was it getting the problems ?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are you being serious ?! I was beginning to feel seasick - glad I'm on Internet Explorer otherwise I could get a crick in my neck !

As for decent browsers, cough,cough, .... let me see which one was it getting the problems ?
    "Glad" and "Internet Explorer" - there's a combination you don't see very often! :-)))

Yes, perfectly serious - there was a *lot* of discussion about it when it first appeared, honest injun.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    "Glad" and "Internet Explorer" - there's a combination you don't see very often! :-)))

Yes, perfectly serious - there was a *lot* of discussion about it when it first appeared, honest injun.
    pmsl - It must have all passed me by as I've always been on the straight and narrow on IE !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

pmsl - It must have all passed me by as I've always been on the straight and narrow on IE !
    That is because IE does not support CSS 3 or have a tool-kit to carry out the rotation of elements - so when it see the code to rotate the image it just ignores it. So you are indeed lucky that your favoured browser is behind the times. It can't render things like drop shadows or rounded corners either.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That is because IE does not support CSS 3 or have a tool-kit to carry out the rotation of elements - so when it see the code to rotate the image it just ignores it. So you are indeed lucky that your favoured browser is behind the times. It can't render things like drop shadows or rounded corners either.
    Well you learn something new every day on the eBid forums. Can't say I'm heartbroken not having a wonky photo !
    IE might not have all the latest techie gadgets but at least you can copy and paste photos with it which I couldn't figure out how to do with Firefox.

This happened to me b4 but on another site; just try refreshing it, clearing your cookies / data or it could just be that the website owners are working on it.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

...but at least you can copy and paste photos with it which I couldn't figure out how to do with Firefox.
    Wonderfully easy with Firefox. Either right click select Copy Image and then Paste into the destination (as in IE) - or even simpler...drag and drop the image. As an example: Position the mouse pointer over my avatar at left, press and hold down the left mouse button, drag the image to the Quick Reply area below, and release the mouse button - job done.
    Last edited by astral276; 8th September 2010 at 12:04 AM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I do wish eBid would restrict the size of images on the forums to fit the screen layout :-(

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Wonderfully easy with Firefox. Either right click select Copy Image and then Paste into the destination (as in IE) - or even simpler...drag and drop the image. As an example: Position the mouse pointer over my avatar at left, press and hold down the left mouse button, drag the image to the Quick Reply area below, and release the mouse button - job done.
    I just trotted over there to have a look and you are quite right. When did that change? A year or two back it didn't have the copy and paste facility like that.
    Thanks Mel it's useful to know that it's there now if I ever get any problems with IE !

Thread Information