eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: YDC 80 Tally Thread

Forum Lurker
    View mimmies's Feedback (+142)
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am with you ada. i am very confused about all of this. i still have two buyers outstanding and i hope they didnt pay someone else and not let me know. i would hate to send a reminder if they paid directly or to meebo. i am amazed as well
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Just now I sent money to wyocowgirl for the blue angel pin that I bought. As to sales, I believe all four of my buyers have reported here that they've paid either to meebo or Adam's Appeal so I won't mention that again.

Maybe it's just me, but I am becoming more confused each month with YDC money. I am not an accounting person. I am so glad nobody's asked me to run this tally thread. All the charities receiving money are worthy, I'm sure, but it would be so much easier if we contributed to only one each month. MY OPINION. Not trying to be contentious. And it would be clearer if we had rules and the PayPal account address if PayPal is the method to be used, about where to send proceeds for accumulation before sending one big donation to the charity. Again, MY OPINION. I just think it would somehow be more impressive in one big donation. Maybe that's being ostentatious.

Bottom line, I am amazed at the generosity of eBidders!

£12.00 donated to Cancer Research UK, confirmation below.

Thank you very much for your kind gift of £12.00 to support the work of Cancer Research UK.
    Our work, funded entirely by supporters like you, has been at the heart of progress that has seen cancer survival rates double in the last thirty years. However, one in three of us will still get cancer at some point, and it is vital we continue to discover new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer to ensure millions more people will survive.
    We have contributed to 19 of the top 20 drugs used to treat cancer patients worldwide and with your help we can continue our research which includes supporting over 100 clinical trials and funding more than 4,500 researchers, doctors and nurses throughout the UK.
    The reference number for your donation is: D0194765
    See my YDC auctions here

I am away from home at the moment. Didn't win anything, but the 2 items I sold have both been mentioned, as has my "topup", so I won't mention any amounts here.

Forum Lurker
    View mimmies's Feedback (+142)
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i just made my donation. my acutions totaled just about 15.00 US (with extra donations ) i decided since i didnt win any auctions, i would send about double. i sent the charity 20 Pounds (that is what you call it i hope lol) which is equal to 31.60 US
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR BIDS. THE LAST OF YOUR PACKAGES WILL BE MAILED RIGHT NOW.
    http://mimmies-flea-market.ebid.net
    http://mimmies-baseball-cards.ebid.net
    http://mimmies-70s-80s-vinyl.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

£20.00 donated to Adam's Appeal.

Your donation
    JustGiving
    on behalf of
    The 2Simple Trust
    Reg. charity 1113954

31 August 2010 at 23:21

Amount: £20.00
    JustGiving reference: D23889181

Card holder:
    Kim Andrews

That's 6.00 from Cornish, 5.50 from Keepsake, and 5.00 from Borders, then rounded up a bit.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    My sum this morning of what I need to pay up to this point is £165.74. There may be still something to come, but what ever it'll be I'll round it to £200. I want to try and make contact with the family to see if I can hand over the dosh in person and take Muh with me if she arrives unharmed (poor thing). I'll keep you posted on that one
    If you can do an in-person presentation that would be awesome. The idea of a unified donation is a good one. However, many including myself chose to send donation directly, and the choice is important & has always been a part of YDC.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can probably achieve a similar impact by presenting the in-person donation with a formal YDC Letter Head letter that includes the total amount sent.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    However, many including myself chose to send donation directly...
    That is my preference; particularly for UK based charities as I can use Gift Aid to increase the value of the donation by almost 30% at the tax man's expense. For the same reason I also prefer others to pay direct rather than to me.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The use of Gift Aid is a powerful strategy to get the max benefit to the charity (where it belongs).The in-person donation is a powerful public relations & marketing strategy (for eBid).Takes different stategies to get the overall job done.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to let you know I haven't heard anything yet re. handing the money over in person. If I don't hear by the weekend I'll send the money electronically.

Thread Information