eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top rating on Google after 3 days on Ebid

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatThePirate View Post
    Ouch. Thanks for that, Maxx. I'll have to remain paranoid & insane, unless I can find some other way of testing the system. I've got used to sitting staring at PC screens over the years and wondering "What the crap's not happening this time?"
    Oh, I'm sorry PatThePirate, you can't hear the inflections in my voice. I hope you didn't think I was scolding you. I apologize if I came across that way. I wanted you to know your innocent act of possibly testing the system in that manner would probably get both your son's account and your account suspended. I didn't want that to happen to you, a fellow ebid seller.

Others who had innocently tested the system in this manner had their accounts suspended. Also, family members who live in different households separated by hundreds of miles had legitimately purchased a single product and had their accounts suspended.

So even though we spread the news about our new businesses through family and friends, unfortunately family can hurt us with a legitimate purchase. However, if you ever have a problem with the ebid system, contact ebid and explain your situation/problem. (support@ebid.tv or support@ebid.net) They are very helpful and understanding people, and respond quickly.

Again, I apologize if I came across harsh, Pat. That was certainly not my intention. My concern is It would look bad to to your customers if all your auctions are up and running but have your name "striked out" with no way to get into your account. Just looking out for a new ebid friend.

Wishing you a great day and many sales.
    Oh, and I've been there too... staring at my screen wondering what the heck am I doing wrong now?!

Best wishes - Maxx

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Hi Maxx,

Not a problem! Thanks for all your help and advice, and also from the other contributors to this thread.

It dawned on me this morning that typing "vintage meccano" into Google might not be what Joe Bloggs would look for, so I simply
    tried "Meccano" as a single-word search term, and Lo and Behold! there I am at #4 in the search results for one of my auctions. Amazing.

However, when I clicked on the link Google found, my browser then opened Ebid with me logged in, so I see my auctions from within my account, but not as an "outsider".

This leaves me wondering what "outsiders" would see, hence the remark about using someone elses PC to test Ebid.

Patience is a virtue, have it if you can't, if not, SCREAM!

ATB

Pat

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

However, when I clicked on the link Google found, my browser then opened Ebid with me logged in, so I see my auctions from within my account, but not as an "outsider".
    Well log out of eBid before following the link.

Second time lucky. I got a message about clearing cookies, and got to see the auctions without being logged in. Thanks Mel.

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

It dawned on me this morning that typing "vintage meccano" into Google might not be what Joe Bloggs would look for, so I simply tried "Meccano" as a single-word search term, and Lo and Behold! there I am at #4 in the search results for one of my auctions. Amazing.
    Hi Pat,
    FYI: I Googled for "Vintage Meccano" and found a toy part on page 1. It was in an ebid.net store (mentioned on your about me page). Also found another Meccano part on Google page 3 in "PatThePirates Meccano store".

Hope this helps your research.
    Maxx

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Hi Pat,
    FYI: I Googled for "Vintage Meccano" and found a toy part on page 1. It was in an ebid.net store (mentioned on your about me page). Also found another Meccano part on Google page 3 in "PatThePirates Meccano store".

Hope this helps your research.
    Maxx
    Hi Maxx,

Thanks for that. You are very helpful. I've nothing to lose by sitting tight and planning the party I'll throw when I make the the first sale.
    Can't throw in airline tickets just yet, though.

Regards

Pat

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We are very proud of our relationship with Google. They seem to be indexing our items quicker and quicker. Pat on the back to them.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    View silversky88's Feedback (+1)
    All-About silversky88
    View silversky88's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmathsman View Post
    That's brilliant to know.
    I've made two sales in the last 24 hours, both to brand new members. I'm assuming they must have picked up my stuff on Google and came in from there.

Andy
    Nice One if you use alexa.com search analylis...type ebid in it gives you comparison site traffic statistics...and also demographic info on the type of people who are use ebid or any site...age..gender...location.. etc...it also tells you how the traffic found an item on ebid and what search keywords were used..the se stats can be very useful in optimising listings for maximum exposure and search ability...If you already know this or you dont know what im on about..please ignore verything i,ve said...LOL..GOOD LUCK

Forum Lurker
    Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View mira666's Feedback (+104)
    All-About mira666
    View mira666's Listings
    Forum Posts

See this is where I get confused, if I type in my store name then I'm 4th in the google search yet if I search for my items then I'm way down the lists, how do I move up?
    Cameron aka Mira

Owner of Cyber Industry http://cyber-industry.ebid.net

Housemove Fund £24.20 - Target £1000.00

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mira666 View Post
    See this is where I get confused, if I type in my store name then I'm 4th in the google search yet if I search for my items then I'm way down the lists, how do I move up?
    Sell goods with less competition.

Thread Information