eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top rating on Google after 3 days on Ebid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I'm also hoping he is aware that Featured listings cost money. About 46 quid racked up there already.
    Correction to that. It would have cost us in the UK £46.00 but in Ireland it costs 46 Euro - which is only £37.63

Do we in the UK lose out in all fees here on eBid? Seems like everything costs us more than everybody else.

Rather than being a UK site it appears to be an anti-UK site.
    Last edited by astral276; 13th August 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can see the thread now .thought it was no fee's on ebid ,certainly hope he checks back rather quickly
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Oh dear, checked on one of my items and found it on page one ,but its an item ive taken off as im out of stock and the factory has decided to close for 2 weeks.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

From the USA site...

1 auctions found

Quote Originally Posted by PatThePirate View Post
    I'm brand new to Ebid, uploaded 45 auctions my second day, excellent facilites on Ebid compared to other auction sites. Ebid is so easy to use.

However, this morning, for fun & ego trip, I tried Googling for any of my auctions on Ebid using a couple of words out of my auction descriptions.

I was ABSOLUTELY stunned when I found one of MY auctions right up there on Google's first page of results! It is generally VERY hard to achieve any visibility on Google as a "normal" individual.

Well done Gary & Mark!
    Yes! and the speed of getting downloaded is wonderful. I have had items go to google in 18 minutes (and appear toward the top with the note "listed 18 minutes ago on ebid"). Consider how big google is, how many users a day, compared to feebay's closed pool of users? This is the future of online selling!

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmathsman View Post
    That's brilliant to know.
    I've made two sales in the last 24 hours, both to brand new members. I'm assuming they must have picked up my stuff on Google and came in from there.

Andy
    Way to go Andy! And all of my really good buyers who shop every week actually came off of google too. So you will see that those are really good buyers we are getting if the keep returning regularly for the past year and one-half.

We did get downloaded to another search engine too, so they might be generating soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Now that gives every one hope.
    Yes! I have given up looking up prices on feebay because they never have the advertising booklets or vintage cookbooks I want to price anymore. Its a waste of time. I always google now and it is always a great mix of sites, individual listings, etc. In fact I start looking around and forget what I came in for. I don't know how google mixes it up, but the searches certainly gives a cross section and I always find what I want. Back in the day, that is what we used feebay for!!! Kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Maybe sellers will follow suit and and stop fixating on views, watchers and bids.

(or maybe not)
    Naaaa, the complaining gives some members a reason to get up in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Oh dear, checked on one of my items and found it on page one ,but its an item ive taken off as im out of stock and the factory has decided to close for 2 weeks.
    If you make sure your ebid listing is offline or closed, the link will not go there, obviously from google. I have occasionally found old items I sold a long time ago on google, and link went as far as my store. I assume the person will want to look around which is a good thing.

Used to happen on google a lot, now I have not seen it for a while. Do you remember when it was active? i.e. listing was taken off 2 weeks ago, or just recently? Should be something google watches out for, the spiders must be sleeping in all this heat.

Ouch,
    I didn't read down this far until this morning.
    I put the auctions in using Ebids Excel sheet and they appear fine to me, pics etc etc.
    Then I read about the troubles people have had using the Excel method.
    I'll have to get Ebid to sort it out.
    Thanks to all of you who bothered to reply and also email (Sid) , I'm really grateful. I'd never have known otherwise!

I'll let you all know how I got on with ebid "HELP"

Regards
    Pat

Thread Information