eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 RTS Listings are in my Unsold Bucket

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I agree with you... but I think a lot of damage can still be done with a 365 day life on rts's without a log in..... I would have thought 90 days max would be a better cut off date.... just my 2cent/p's worth
    Totally agree. Its not "stale listings" that are the issue. It's "stale sellers". I log in daily and just had to repost over 140 RTSs.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    It's a shame that good sellers will be affected as well as the bad ones,I hope something can be sorted out.
    The theory is that they will not. If the last logon date is taken into account then 99.9% of good sellers will notice no difference as they will log in regularly as part of their normal usage of the site. The remaining 0.1% will be those who only log in to upload mass listings and then process sales totally outside of eBid (if such people do indeed exist). For them being required to log in occasionally to indicate they are not dead is not unreasonable. Even my pension provider writes to me every so often asking me to confirm I am still alive.

There have been a couple of casualties reported here of the initial attempt to cull the deadbeat sellers. I think we will just have to accept those (and maybe a few more until things are sorted properly) and hand out their medals later. We do seem to be moving in the direction so many wanted to go though and eBid appear to be on board (albeit maybe kicking and screaming) so let's keep the end goal in sight and accept it may not be a perfectly smooth ride. Once you start messing with a piece of code so inter-related as the likes of eBid there is always a risk that changing one thing can have unexpected knock-on effects.
    Last edited by astral276; 9th August 2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

There have been a couple of casualties reported here of the initial attempt to cull the deadbeat sellers. I think we will just have to accept those (and maybe a few more until things are sorted properly) and hand out their medals later.
    Wounded, maybe, but not out of action!

I relisted all 20 items, still Run Until Sold, but now they have the SKUs in them. I keep a close watch on that Unsold page, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I won't get 20 new listings in today, too much time spent on recovering old ones.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good going eBid! It is nice to see that "da boyz" are listening to the sellers and taking action. Well done! Unfortunately there is some speed bumps along the way. But they too will be ironed out. I think the idea of removing all listings of an absent seller not just the run until sold ones, is a no brainer and I like the suggestion that the last log in day will restart the calendar for all sellers. Be it 30, 60, 90 or more days is up for discussion. I personally think that 30 days may be a little to short as unforseen circumstances can occur, and may not be sorted out within 30 days. But GOOD JOB EBID!!!!! THANKS FOR LISTENING AND REACTING. A tip of the hat to you!

I've only had to re-list a couple of my run till sold items. Hopefully no more will turn up in my unsold folder as I don't have the time to re-lists loads of items at the moment.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just an update.. Our next update later this month we will re-commence removing 365 day old RUS and OFB items for users who have not logged in for a long period of time.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Didn't we have a poll once that asked members what length of time a seller should be mandated to log on? If not, would one be helpful?

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Just an update.. Our next update later this month we will re-commence removing 365 day old RUS and OFB items for users who have not logged in for a long period of time.
    I am not worried about the length of time, since I log in daily, but it would be nice if you could let everyone know about how long is a "long period of time".

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

At least 1 Login within every 9 Months would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    This is a wonderful solution! Thank you, Gazza.

I personally don't have strong feelings about the duration of "a long period of time". My opinion is that admin can judge that more adequately and change it later if they so decide.

Thread Information