eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 RTS Listings are in my Unsold Bucket

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I just relisted six of them. I had to do it manually to add the SKU. Copy the ID number, open the listing, add the SKU, repost. I'm going to think about whether I want to do this 20 times a day, every day, for as long as I keep these on eBid.
    As Gazza has stated this closing has been put on hold. The main point is that he is now attempting to do something about the situation that many have been saying needs sorting for so long. So I suggest we work with him, even if that involves a little bit of pain in the short term for some, to work towards an effective system that is good for eBid and all.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Are you saying the SKU was in the original listing and then has disappeared when it closes? This would be a bug that would need fixing urgently. Let us know.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    No, the Run Until Sold listings don't have a SKU. That's the problem.

When I listed these, I used the original eBid listing number as the ID number, pasted it on the envelope, and filed them in that sequence. When an item is reposted, the eBid ID number changes, and I have to put the original number into the listing as the SKU. Otherwise, I'll never find them when they sell.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As Gazza has stated this closing has been put on hold. The main point is that he is now attempting to do something about the situation that many have been saying needs sorting for so long. So I suggest we work with him, even if that involves a little bit of pain in the short term for some, to work towards an effective system that is good for eBid and all.
    Well said. :-)

I didn't see your post until after I added mine.

My problem would be having to change the 4,500 low-value listings I already have running. Obviously, if I had any notion this could happen, I would have not have used the eBid ID number to identify them. It seemed like a good idea at the time, because I knew the number would be unique, it was easy to copy into my spreadsheet and onto the label on the envelope, and everything I read stated they would not have a closing date.

I could instead have assigned sequential numbers, and hope I didn't accidentally duplicate any of them. That's what I'll do in the future, I will put the number I choose in as the SKU when I create the listing and it won't require additional time.

My hindsight is always perfect.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    It seemed like a good idea at the time
    Oh, if I only has a pound for each time those words have passed my lips in my lifetime. I wouldn't need to be on eBid now trying to flog a few things - that's for sure. :-)

As Gazza has stated this closing has been put on hold. The main point is that he is now attempting to do something about the situation that many have been saying needs sorting for so long. So I suggest we work with him.
    I agree with you... but I think a lot of damage can still be done with a 365 day life on rts's without a log in..... I would have thought 90 days max would be a better cut off date.... just my 2cent/p's worth

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    ...but I think a lot of damage can still be done with a 365 day life on rts's without a log in..... I would have thought 90 days max would be a better cut off date.... just my 2cent/p's worth
    So do I. I followed Gazza's figures - which were not allowing for last login being taken into account. I would probably favour being tougher than you. I don't think requiring sellers to, at least, log in to eBid once a month in order to keep listings active would be being unreasonable. Though your 90 days would fall in line with the max runtime of a normal timed auction listing so may be fairer. 90 days (i.e. 3 months) for an unattended listing still seems a long time but that situation potentially exists across the board regardless of listing setup and not just RTS and OFB.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ever since I lost 500 listings when this unannounced change occurred, I have been closing and relisting ads that are about 60 days old so that I never get close to that again

That is no help to TT's situation as the listing IDs change on relist
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

So do I. I followed Gazza's figures - which were not allowing for last login being taken into account. I would probably favour being tougher than you. I don't think requiring sellers to, at least, log in to eBid once a month in order to keep listings active would be being unreasonable. Though your 90 days would fall in line with the max runtime of a normal timed auction listing so may be fairer. 90 days (i.e. 3 months) for an unattended listing still seems a long time but that situation potentially exists across the board regardless of listing setup and not just RTS and OFB.

thats why I said 90 days max... I would prefer 60 max or even 30 days... but I would settle for 90 days

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a shame that good sellers will be affected as well as the bad ones,I hope something can be sorted out.
    I think there were two points that have been addressed.
    1.The absent sellers were seen as a problem and this is now being actively looked at by Admin.
    2.There was a perception that the comments about the issue were being ignored and this is no longer the case.
    I'm glad we can now all move on.

Thread Information