Forum Newbie
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View TheDarkside's Feedback (+49)
    All-About TheDarkside
    View TheDarkside's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I simply cheat
    I take a picture of the cover and then one of the synopsis, saves loads of time
    Great idea, now why didn't I think of that !?!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good question. As a book buyer, I won't buy a book without a synopsis statement, even just a sentence or two, unless I'm looking for a specific title and have an idea of the content already. As a seller (admittedly on a very small scale - I hate to part with my books even more than my jewelry) I always include synopses of books listed in my store - I'm not sure whether anyone actually reads them besides me, but I figure, what the heck.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Well, you learn something new everyday. I was charged as Seller + when I uploaded photos through the eBid system, so I stopped doing it that way. I must have done something wrong then.
    When we joined in 2008, there was a charge for extra photos. I believe it was about a year later when eBid changed this, so we could have up to five free. It was announced in the eBid News forum, in Gazza's ongoing thread "Site Update Notifications."

You can still use your Photobucket photos if you wish.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like yourself, I like to find out what the book is all about. Also, since I've got a head like a sieve, I need that wee summary to jog my mind as to whether I've read the book or not.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Synopsis - always. If you can't be bothered or don't have the time to type it all out, you can either copy the text from another site or just scan the back of the book. A scan will often give a better image than a photo and can often be used with text recognition software to automatically convert the image into proper text.

Listings without details smack of lazy sellers. If a seller can't be bothered to put in the work to make their auction attractive, helpful and detailed, then why should I expect them to put in the effort to deal with my sale properly?

The auction listing is your (virtual) shop window - it is, on 99% of occasions, your first contact with the potential customer and should be made to give the best possible impression of yourself that you can give.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep I agree about the synopsis. Raindropsies idea is brilliant though and like the Pink Panther one too, have never learnt that copy and paste thing but time I did whilst Im learning all this other stuff on this site too! like links etc
    Well Ive learnt a thing or two from this thread. Like the 5 free photos thing. I know I was re-listing one of my old auctions today before I upgraded to Seller+ and noticed the fee for extra photos on one of my auctions. I was expecting to continue paying that, thanks for reminding me. I need a nudge in that dept too as someone else pointed out with the snopsis, it will help jolt my memory as tp whether Ive already read the book or not.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

This question is a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont . I get whinged at on the other side whichever I do. If I dont post a synopsis, I get moaned at, and if I do then I am moaned at that its too much to read as well as item / condition description. Which is kinda ironic when you think they are buying a book and four or five lines synopsis are "too much".

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm in the process of putting a synopsis on my books.
    It's a long and slow process, the best way I've found is to edit them as they come to an end.
    I will get there!

Thread Information