Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To synopsis or not to synopsis.. that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    No you don't you get up to 5 photos free.

I will only buy from a seller, with no synopsis (& no gallery photo for that matter), if it's one I really want & I cannot find another copy of.

As a book buyer I'm getting more & more fedup with lazy sellers (on all sites, not just eBid) who cannot be bothered to give information.
    Or give a totally useless description.

I expect to see a synopsis, especially as some books have a different title in the US & UK,
    it's all too easy to buy one you've already got.

For a secondhand book, I expect to see a photo, so I can SEE the condition.

For those who just put in the ISBN number & expect me to look it up,
    if doing so brings up a cheaper copy, or one in a better condition for the price, well that's a sale
    YOU'VE lost.

Well said... that's how I feel too which is why i take the time to put in a synopsis...although I must admit, i do often shortern it because the publishers do put in a lot of useless waffle.

Can you just clarify the photo bit.... are you saying that i can upload 5 free photos per listing?
    I took the 5 free photos to mean that these would be for personal profile only not for listings.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswilliam View Post
    Well said... that's how I feel too which is why i take the time to put in a synopsis...although I must admit, i do often shortern it because the publishers do put in a lot of useless waffle.

Can you just clarify the photo bit.... are you saying that i can upload 5 free photos per listing?
    I took the 5 free photos to mean that these would be for personal profile only not for listings.
    As seller+ you get 5 free photos for each listing if you want to use them. Just click the more button when on the listing page

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I prefer the synopsis. Unless I already know what book I am after, I'm much more likely to buy one that catches my eye from an interesting synopsis, than a total unknown. Doesn't matter if it's romance (which I rarely/never read) or historical fiction or bio or history or science or art..........whatever........I, like many readers, am tempted by words.................(ok - somebody jump in here and make a wisecrack.....)

No wise cracks... i prefer to read a synopsis. I also read the reviews for products if available before deciding to buy..especially dance dvds which i buy a lot from amazon. Photos can be misleading. I have also noticed that some historical romances from M&B have the same photo with different titles. I can't understand.... and i share the sentiments of someone else who wrote on here.... how some people can be lazy and just list the titles... this is particular true of feebay.

Me thinks I will have to stop shorterning and type in the synopsis in full from now on as published on the books.

MrsW. You do get 5 photos, but you have to upload them to an image hosting place (like photobucket) and then insert them in the listing with the add image button.

If you add additional photos through the eBid system you will be charged for the photos and then charged again each time the auction renews, if you've got it set up to autorenew.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    MrsW. You do get 5 photos, but you have to upload them to an image hosting place (like photobucket) and then insert them in the listing with the add image button.

If you add additional photos through the eBid system you will be charged for the photos and then charged again each time the auction renews, if you've got it set up to autorenew.
    That is not correct. Seller+ get 5 free pictures for each listing. They do not have to be hosted on photobucket, they are just uploaded as normal, and uploaded at the top of the listing under the normal one by clicking "more"
    Name:  extra.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  49.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    That is not correct. Seller+ get 5 free pictures for each listing. They do not have to be hosted on photobucket, they are just uploaded as normal, and uploaded at the top of the listing under the normal one by clicking "more"
    Name:  extra.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  49.8 KB
    Gosh.. you are absolutely right. I've just tried it on one of my listings and it works.. no extra fees charged. As FirstGreenisGold said... you learn something new here every day. I never used the forums on feebay but I am much happier here.. even with only 2 sales todate.

You know where I went wrong on the photos. This was when I first started listing here. I missed the area that Sarah pointed out. But I added a photo at the bottom where there is a charge for extra photos (over and above the 5 free). At the point in time I didn't even know that I was entitled to 5 free.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I simply cheat
    I take a picture of the cover and then one of the synopsis, saves loads of time
    You can do better than that:
    Go to fantastic fiction .com and look up the author and book copy and paste blurbs. Simples!

Thread Information