eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know about ebid.com ?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think (could be wrong...nothing unusual) this was discussed a long time ago here on the forum. I'm thinking that the website h**p://www.ebid.com is owned by e*ay. And yes, it is a 'parking site'...seems the other site wants to have mass confusion as our cross to bear. I just wish that admin had bought that domain waaay back when and all this confusion wouldn't happen...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Does your friend mean autoebid.com?
    I think if the friend had meant that - the title of this post would have read different.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I think (could be wrong...nothing unusual) this was discussed a long time ago here on the forum. I'm thinking that the website h**p://www.ebid.com is owned by e*ay. And yes, it is a 'parking site'...seems the other site wants to have mass confusion as our cross to bear. I just wish that admin had bought that domain waaay back when and all this confusion wouldn't happen...sigh.
    According to whois the owners of the com site registered it in 1996, two whole years before eBid auctions was born so very doubtfully eBay was behind the purchase.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Might be now, but it was a website for a utility company, Elephant Butte somewhere in US (which we pronounce Bee-utte thank you). They are actually running auctions of city or county items last time I looked , so are aware that ebid.net is an auction site. Their initials are really ebid because in searches entries come up like "pay your ebid bill". huh?? you go in and its an electricity or energy company. I think down south somewhere. I bet this company got their domain name just ahead of the guys trying to snag it.

feebay is involved in a few things that use ebid's name. One that some of us found on google looking for our ebid stuff, it is a website with a name like shop ebid and actually takes you right to the ebay dealers. The guys know about it, a few of us send them emails, probably not much anyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by HopeChestJewelry View Post
    This happened to us with @mazon. Some buyers complaint and we were forced not to sell for a month. All because a person who harrased us for an item she bought that she did not read description. We lost alot of money. My point is The impact of bad feedbacks left from these buyers can make sellers go jump off the bridge.

Agree. Negative feedback/suspension has a horrible impact on sellers, especially when they occur over something they can't control i.e. buyer did not read listing.

If a site decides to take feedback very very seriously, that is, suspensions will occur for infractions, they MUST make sure the feedback system is accountable. Feedbacks must be reversable, and any negatives that will result in suspension must be double checked by a human, and discussed with the seller/buyer before they occur. No acceptions. There must be a contact person to call with questions too. If fb is so important, why can't staff take 5 minutes, look at seller's other feedback and determine if pattern of poor customer service or not. or call the seller and talk to them? Yet can punish a seller by "fining" them thousands of dollars over some foolish complaint without proof? Poor policy.

I wish we had to time and money to go after these sites with poor feedback systems and sue them for all of the foolish decisions they have made that affected our pocketbooks.

Yup happened to me also. feebay sucks big time. I had over 750 positives 100% and some stupid witch bought an item I stated as being used then had the cheek to say something was missing (there wasn't) and demanded a discount.

I was on holiday so didn't know any of this till I came back and missed the chance to add my pennorth worth. She had the item, had a refund and also had the free gift I had also sent along with the item. I am totally disillusioned with ebay even though the outcome was that neither myself or the buyer was to be found at fault meant didly squat to my rating or feedback as I was still penalised and am now suspended because of it. First offence and I'm out!

I was not a business just flogging off a few of my craft items I no longer used or needed and she was a greedy mare who took advantage of ebays brilliant for buyers crap for sellers policies...

ebid all the way from now on

Quote Originally Posted by bookalicious View Post
    Yup happened to me also. feebay sucks big time. I had over 750 positives 100% and some stupid witch bought an item I stated as being used then had the cheek to say something was missing (there wasn't) and demanded a discount.

I was on holiday so didn't know any of this till I came back and missed the chance to add my pennorth worth. She had the item, had a refund and also had the free gift I had also sent along with the item. I am totally disillusioned with ebay even though the outcome was that neither myself or the buyer was to be found at fault meant didly squat to my rating or feedback as I was still penalised and am now suspended because of it. First offence and I'm out!

I was not a business just flogging off a few of my craft items I no longer used or needed and she was a greedy mare who took advantage of ebays brilliant for buyers crap for sellers policies...

ebid all the way from now on

I agree. Totally out of control when a seller ends up giving the items away for nothing at the hint of a complaint. Encourages complaining. No doubt those buyers who take a seller for $5 or $10 move on to try it for more valuable goodies.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View KW379's Feedback (+384)
    All-About KW379
    View KW379's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All, I left a message on my facebook page to our local Radio WM 95.6 joanne Mailin would love to speak to me so I will promote us here on eBid.
    Last edited by excataloguesurplus; 19th October 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by excataloguesurplus View Post
    Hi All, I left a message on my facebook page to our local Radio WM 95.6 joanne Mailin would love to speak to me so I will promte us here on eBid.
    Good for you! Make us proud!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As you've attached your post to this thread,I hope you're not going to talk about ebid.com.

Thread Information