Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Has anyone ever asked why this issue is not addressed?
    Not sure, actually - there's been so much discussion over the years I've rather lost track. I can't even remember if I've tried, let alone anybody else. If you want to have a go, that would be great. support@ebid.net

I tried and this is the what happened.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'AT&T Worldnet E-Mail', Server: 'mailhost.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have no idea why I got this message. I had at&t a long time ago and at least 3 computers ago. Any techies know how I can get rid of this. If there is not a fairly simple solution I guess I will have to call in the big guns (grandson).

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

well we all know there is something wrong here , and I really think Ebid are more interested in high numbers than in getting things like this sorted....high numbers in buyers would be a far better target....I know I do not list a lot , but I check into my store every day , so I will say it again , in my opinion , any member who does not check their store for around 3 months ? should have the store listings closed or removed.......papa.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I tried and this is the what happened.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'AT&T Worldnet E-Mail', Server: 'mailhost.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have no idea why I got this message. I had at&t a long time ago and at least 3 computers ago. Any techies know how I can get rid of this. If there is not a fairly simple solution I guess I will have to call in the big guns (grandson).
    Try the link below my signature and see if you get through to admin.

I voted in poll but wish there had been a choice such as close store...not delete store. If items/listings were closed, then the owner of store could relist items easily. That is, if the seller ever returned to ebid to check on their store.

I didn't vote for 'lock' store because I thought that meant listings would still look like they were for sale and that does the site no good, IMHO. If buyers constantly click on items and those items look like they're for sale but the store is 'locked', they will give up and go elsewhere. I do not surf the web to find items I'm interested in buying just to find items 'listed' but I can not buy them because some store is locked.

As for the vacation/holiday hold on stores, I agree with Kim. I sell elsewhere and when I put my store on vacation, my items do not show up when someone is searching for a particular item. When I take my store off vacation, items show up in the search again. This is a wonderful solution...I can enjoy my vacation and buyers are not frustrated that they've finally 'found' their treasure only to not be able to buy it at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    If you have not logged on in two months they remove ALL your listings to the unsold folder, and send you an email saying that they are sorry you have not logged on and that they hope you are alright... they then go on to say that due to you not logging on they have closed your listings, placed them into your unsold folder and that they will be there when you log back in again, ready for you to relist them again.
    This seems like a sensible solution to the problem.

Personally, I do not think that eliminating Run Until Sold is the answer. I think that the RuS option is necessary in order for some sellers to manage large inventories of items in more specialized categories.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the poll! It's the first time I tried it and it went live before I could finish it! I was trying to add more than two choices.

Wow, there have been some great ideas-my favorite is what Ginny suggested-an "unsold folder".

It's true, you never know what life is going to toss your way and the last thing you want to worry about is losing income when you are in the middle of a terrible crisis. Placing items in an unsold folder and removing them from the active listings seems like a great idea.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    ...and when I put my store on vacation, my items do not show up when someone is searching for a particular item.
    I wasn't aware of that. I thought they were just not biddable/BuyNowable.

Will have to have a play.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

I think they mean on the site they sell elsewhere Mel, anyway that's the way I read it, I could be wrong tho', wouldn't be the first time.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Mel, Not on this site. On the other site I sell on. Wish it was like that on this site.

Thread Information